New Brandon Snyder thread.

Gurgi

Fortunately, there's no real rush. We can give him plenty of time to develop in AAA. It would be nice if he was kicking the door down, but I don't mind giving Aubrey a longer look at first at the beginning of 2010. Same with Scott.

If we are to compete in 2011, Snyder has to be up by June if he is the 1B solution as he is going to have a learning curve in the majors. We can't carry a developing Bell and Snyder and expect to compete in 2011.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be the straight nuts if Snyder moved to 3B and Bell moved to first. That said, I think most people (myself included) are simply too ignorant about the minor leagues on a day in, day out basis to make smart comments on the nature of Snyder at third.

Snyder has played 3B in the past, but people see that and don't bother to see Hughes was at 1B and Diaz was DHing. It was a rare alignment thing. Snyder can play 3B but his position is 1B.

But I guess it isnt out of the realm of possibilities to have Snyder as the starting 3B in 2010 if Scott is still at 1B and attempt to trade him when Bell is ready to come up.

Snyder has played 3B in the past, but people see that and don't bother to see Hughes was at 1B and Diaz was DHing. It was a rare alignment thing. Snyder can play 3B but his position is 1B.

But I guess it isnt out of the realm of possibilities to have Snyder as the starting 3B in 2010 if Scott is still at 1B and attempt to trade him when Bell is ready to come up.

If they both stay on the team long-term, Bell plays 1B and Snyder plays 3B. Just my gut feeling.

Archived