8/10: A's at O's

PaulFolk

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not watching it, I'm just watching the reactions around here. And jet flybys on Youtube.

The last inning was my last.

I'm watching Chefography.

Im locked in too.

I watch the Food Network and get the gist of whats going on in the O's game by what people are saying on here.

Luke's front hip is out on every single pitch, even when he doesn't swing. He is using his body to try and generate bat speed which doesn't work. His mechanics are completely screwed up. He can only hit pitches on the inside corner right now.

Whose job is it correct this flaw in his swing?

I'd venture it's the job of the hitting coach, a hitting coach the O's have had for lord knows how long and who should've been let go even longer ago.

Luke's front hip is out on every single pitch, even when he doesn't swing. He is using his body to try and generate bat speed which doesn't work. His mechanics are completely screwed up. He can only hit pitches on the inside corner right now.

Even little ol' me noticed that yesterday. He's flying open so bad he's lost. :(

Luke Scott looks absolutely pathetic out there. It's like he forgot how to hit or something.

We are making the A's pitching look pro right now when we should be shoving that crap down their throats... I would not be surprised if we were blanked this game.

Glad I'm going to be in Maryland starting Wed and not in the next few days.

Looks like a freaking scorcher down there...

YAH! Big time! My car wouldn't start tonight, battery dead, thus I'm on here posting instead of being at work tonight... but that's a GOOD thing!

But yeah! It is just NASTY hot and humid tonight. Even still at 9:00, after dark. Tough night for pitchers and everyone else.

Let me ask you this:

Do you really believe that Luke and Crowley haven't been working on just that? Have you heard the announcers talk about how much Luke is working in the cage to correct his issues? I've heard them mention it several times over the past week. If he can't bring the work into the game, how is that the coaches' fault?

I was a lefty hitter and I can tell you that I struggled to fix this problem when it developed. It always started with me from facing lefties who were trying to bust me inside. I'd get a little quick trying to generate some bat speed.

There is a fine line between start the swing by throwing the hands and pop the hips and pull the hips to start the swing. This stuff isn't easy or everyone would do it.

It still sucks that he is struggling so much, but it is what it is.

Just to elaborate from my POV... Crowley isn't in the top 2 or 3... but I think he is a fine hitting coach! A former player, with a well-deserved reputation as a pinch-hit wizard,

:rofl:

Everything I've read says that Crow is THERE 5 am to 5 am. Whenever ANY player wants to get in some extra work, Crow is there. We could do better.... but not MUCH better.

Archived