O's view Atkins as a cleanup hitter!?

ChaosLex

OK... so you're agreeing to what I said below... right?

Yes, the bet does *assume* that... but the bet has no back door excuses about getting out of it if somebody stubs their toe or something.

The bet is about the actual OD lineup regardless of when it's decided or why. The bet has no room for stories about why it's different if it's different...

Beats me. I know what I'd do if it was up to me. I'd do BRob, Nick, Nolan, Matt, AJ, and then Luke as 1-6, but it's not up to me.

If I had to guess, I'd guess Nick at 3 and Matt at 4. But a lot of this depends on where DT wants to put AJ and Nolan. I think the main reason Nick is 3 is because DT might put Nolan 2. I wouldn't be surprised to see BRob, Nolan, Nick, Matt, AJ, Luke... nor would I be surprised to see Nick and Matt where you have predicted either. I might lose the bet or I might not. I'm not sure I'll win, but I think I'll win...

Yea..500 says Nick bats third and Matt 5th or 6th....Provided both are healthy and playing on OD.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please stop trying to add in conditions to call it off. Either they're at 3rd and 5th-or-6th or they're not.

I'll stick my nose in this.

You're either trying to weasel out of this yourself or you're trying to apply unreasonable conditions to the bet.

If someone's injured and plays on OD, it's valid. If someone gets into a car accident in spring training and misses two months, the bet isn't valid.

Well, that's how I'd do it anyway. You seem to be trying to weasel your way out of it after accusing SG of doing the same.

Thank you. SG is plenty good at weaseling out of stuff all by himself, he doesn't need Gordo's help about that...

He may not think he needs it but he could sure use it. :laughlol: I don't care about the bet, I want a big bat to hit number #4. Wieters wont be that right away IMO.

I'll stick my nose in this.

You're either trying to weasel out of this yourself or you're trying to apply unreasonable conditions to the bet.

If someone's injured and plays on OD, it's valid. If someone gets into a car accident in spring training and misses two months, the bet isn't valid.

Well, that's how I'd do it anyway. You seem to be trying to weasel your way out of it after accusing SG of doing the same.

Same kind of goes if one of them gets suspended for doing something stupid...But whatever...Maybe $500 is too much for Rshack and he is trying to get out of it?

I'm not adding in conditions...Just saying, they need to both be healthy and able to play.

Not that its any of my business but I agree with you. That is not a condition it is just common sense. If they are unable to play health wise they won't be any spot in the lineup and the bet by necessity will be voided!:eek:

I'd love to see sig line bet. Whoever loses puts, ">winners name< is a Baseball Genius", for one month.

Thats how I usually have to pay up when I lose my bets here. It's usually, 'I bow to the wisdom of (fill in the blank) that I lost the bet to and its for a year!:laughlol:

I hate to jump in and suggest the Orioles are not going to the Fall Classic next year. It is a good time to experiment with a talented bat that scuffled last season.

Atkins can hit clean-up. He has done it before. IF he is anywhere close to 2006-2007 form, he will do well in that spot. If he is pushing too hard to hit it out every AB like last season, he will lose the role in very short order.

I think it is worth a try if he regains his swing out of spring training.

-Don

Archived