I like the booing

Skeletor

Put me down as being against the booing, but I'm not one of those people that look down their noses at people who do. Gonzales has faced the music each time and even apologized to Orioles fans for his struggles. I don't feel the need to pile on.

Boo to express your discontent for the manager. For the organization. How else will we express ourselves? Yes, message boards are fine. And a ton are already making it a point by not coming to games, but don't blame the fans for expressing their discontent for not only a player who is performing terribly, but for a manager who's putting a player out there to fail.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team has played generally well. Were the closer as effective as the expectations based on his past performance, the O's would have 3 wins and 1 loss. Besides Gonzalez, what players should I boo? Do I boo everytime a player makes a mistake? That's a lot of booing even when the team wins.

The best way to indicate overall dissatisfaction with the product on the field is to not buy tickets, not go to the games at Camden Yards, and not watch or listen to games on TV or radio. How many OH fanatics have that kind of mental discipline? Those fans that cannot eschew games cannot criticize the porr mental discipline of our first pitch hitters.

I understand people booing, I'm just not going to do it. I don't like it, but I'm not goign to argue with people doing it.

Obviously a total different situation, but I'm not going to boo Donte Stallworth when he makes his Raven debut this fall.

He is a member of the team I passionately root for. I'm not going to boo my team.

I understand people booing, I'm just not going to do it. I don't like it, but I'm not goign to argue with people doing it.

Obviously a total different situation, but I'm not going to boo Donte Stallworth when he makes his Raven debut this fall.

He is a member of the team I passionately root for. I'm not going to boo my team.

What if Stallworth fumbles three straight games that results in TD's for the other team, and causes the Ravens to lose? Would you not boo him then?

What if Stallworth fumbles three straight games that results in TD's for the other team, and causes the Ravens to lose? Would you not boo him then?

No I wouldn't.

Would I be pissed? Sure. Would I yell out a "C'mon Stallworth!" or a "Get in your head in the game?" Yeah.

But I'm not gonna boo. That's reserved for rivals, opposing teams, and Mark Teixeira.

Boo to express your discontent for the manager. For the organization. How else will we express ourselves? Yes, message boards are fine. And a ton are already making it a point by not coming to games, but don't blame the fans for expressing their discontent for not only a player who is performing terribly, but for a manager who's putting a player out there to fail.

I do blame the fans. It shows a lack of class to boo 4 games into the season. You want to know how to show your displeasure to the FO and the manager? Don't go to the games and don't buy the merchandise. It does no good at all to boo a player who's making an effort.

No I wouldn't.

Would I be pissed? Sure. Would I yell out a "C'mon Stallworth!" or a "Get in your head in the game?" Yeah.

But I'm not gonna boo. That's reserved for rivals, opposing teams, and Mark Teixeira.

Exactly right...plus 3 games in an NFL season is a lot different than 3 games in an MLB season.

I do blame the fans. It shows a lack of class to boo 4 games into the season. You want to know how to show your displeasure to the FO and the manager? Don't go to the games and don't buy the merchandise. It does no good at all to boo a player who's making an effort.

It's this same attitude why people get 54 place trophies. You make an effort you get a price, feel good about yourself and go get them next time. How about a little bit of hey " I F-ed up, I'm sorry and I promise that I will not let down the fans and this city"---I wish that is the quote MG said after the game, not the a typical I still have faith in my ability and I am the closer.

Since I can't really go take a dump on 2nd base, I'll just boo. Next time I might take a bullhorn with me and boo through that.

If I happen to be home, I might throw my remote against the wall or kick the neighbor's cat. I won't boo at home, though. That's where I draw the line.

It's this same attitude why people get 54 place trophies. You make an effort you get a price, feel good about yourself and go get them next time. How about a little bit of hey " I F-ed up, I'm sorry and I promise that I will not let down the fans and this city"---I wish that is the quote MG said after the game, not the a typical I still have faith in my ability and I am the closer.

You think he feels good about what he did? Should he say he has no confidence right now? Is he suppose to panic?

Archived