Who are you rooting for?

Sports Guy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona. Can you imagine what would follow if a team that gets outscored in the regular season wins the World Series? The stat geek community would go absolutely bonkers. "We need a 15 game World Series to prevent travesties like this from ever occurring again." ;)

I'm rooting for the Phils to make the WS and lose in dramatic fashion to the Indians. Travis Hafner = Joe Carter

Ha. I'm basically rooting for the same thing I guess, because I definitely don't want the Yankees or Red Sox to win and the Angels aren't that interesting to me. Meanwhile, this city is hilarious when it loses an Eagles preseason game, I can only imagine when it loses a championship series (although I want the chance to go to some games so I'm definitely rooting for them until then).

If the Rockies beat the Phillies, though, I'm rooting for them all the way.

Indians. But I actually would put the Red Sox second among AL teams, and maybe 2nd overall, since I don't want the NL to win again. Living in the OC, it's easier for me to deal with the Sox winning than the Angels, and I really don't mind the Sox, I think my visit to Fenway tainted me. Plus, it was great rooting for them against the Yanks in the 2004 ALCS and I always root for the Sox against the Yanks, so I'm used to rooting for them.

I like the Angels and I wouldn't mind seeing them take it all this year. I was hoping New York would have to play them first so I could watch them beat up on the MFYs again like they tend to do every year, LOL ;) I became a fan of the Angels back when they shocked everyone and took NY out of the postseason in 2002. That was just good TV! ;) I wouldn't mind if the Indians or Red Sox got in there either. Basically, any AL team can get to the World Series except for NY and that would be fine with me! LOL :D

In the NL, I really like the Rockies and D'Backs and I'd be happy if either of them won. The Cubs annoy me and I don't care for the Phillies much either so I hope to see Colorado or Arizona in the World Series. :)

Archived