6/6: Red Sox at O's

ScottieBaseball

Luke did. Broke into the HR trot on his double. Definitely cost him a base.

Hey, what do you know. Luke SCORES on that play if he didn't hot dog it around the bases.

When will this team hustle and leave it all on the field?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, what do you know. Luke SCORES on that play if he didn't hot dog it around the bases.

When will this team hustle and leave it all on the field?

I am guessing this will happen when a manager holds the players accountable. :angryfire:

Between the bubble blowing, poor play in the OF and questionable plate discipline, I really wonder if Jones needs to sit for some games. Not quite ready to label him overrated, but he really needs some coaching.
The bubble blowing is nothing. People who make comments about that end up negating any other good points they may say later. Stick to real things.

The OF play hasn't been particularly poor from him, but it also hasn't been good. He's just around league average I'd say, but he's improved upon last year when he was dreadful. Not as good as 2008 when he was excellent though.

The plate discipline certainly is a major issue. Sitting would be a weird attempt at a cure, though. Either let him play through it or go down to the minors to figure it out. I think keeping him up here is the best option right now.

what is Scott doing? he should have been home on that. As soon as he saw the third basemen dive he should have been standing on third, and then with the error, scored. Instead, he stood on 2nd. Unreal
That wasn't a baserunning mistake. You don't wanna run into an out at 3rd there. He should have been on third on his hit, but not on that grounder to 2B (at least not until after it was thrown away). If he was running on contact, like you suggested, he's meat at third and then we are rightly calling him an idiot for going on contact.

The bubble blowing is nothing. People who make comments about that end up negating any other good points they may say later. Stick to real things.

The OF play hasn't been particularly poor from him, but it also hasn't been good. He's just around league average I'd say, but he's improved upon last year when he was dreadful. Not as good as 2008 when he was excellent though.

The plate discipline certainly is a major issue. Sitting would be a weird attempt at a cure, though. Either let him play through it or go down to the minors to figure it out. I think keeping him up here is the best option right now.

Well if playing him is the only choice the O's have, I guess it just is a waste of time to say anything about his poor play. lol And I believe the bubble blowing shows a nonchalance that he can't afford to have. He is not that good to give off that air. But that is just my opinion I guess.

Of course, I guess that is the case with almost the whole team. Just no options but to play what is there.

LOL, Lackey actually complained about that Ball four call. That wasn't even close. I'd hate to be paying this guy for the next 5 years. His armspeed is awful. If we don't knock him around, I'm really going to get worried about our hitters. So far, he has gotten 4 outs and two of them were on awful called third strikes.

Start to get worried??? :)

Archived