6/6: Red Sox at O's

ScottieBaseball

Well if playing him is the only choice the O's have, I guess it just is a waste of time to say anything about his poor play. lol And I believe the bubble blowing shows a nonchalance that he can't afford to have. He is not that good to give off that air. But that is just my opinion I guess.

Of course, I guess that is the case with almost the whole team. Just no options but to play what is there.

Playing him isn't the only choice they have, they could bench him or demote him. I just think that he's most likely to get out of this funk and learn how to lay off that pitch if he's playing every day.

The bubble blowing thing is nothing at all. Criticizing him for that is exactly like criticizing him for breathing. Its second nature and has zero effect on the plays he makes or doesn't make.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Playing him isn't the only choice they have, they could bench him or demote him. I just think that he's most likely to get out of this funk and learn how to lay off that pitch if he's playing every day.

The bubble blowing thing is nothing at all. Criticizing him for that is exactly like criticizing him for breathing. Its second nature and has zero effect on the plays he makes or doesn't make.

I agree, I don't think it affects his play. But I do think it is indicative of his attitude. But I am willing to admit I may be wrong on that. I only get to see some games on TV; just rubs me the wrong way from a guy who I still think has a lot of work to do on the fundamentals of the game.

I will pop the bubble now on this discussion. :D

LOL, Lackey actually complained about that Ball four call. That wasn't even close. I'd hate to be paying this guy for the next 5 years. His armspeed is awful. If we don't knock him around, I'm really going to get worried about our hitters. So far, he has gotten 4 outs and two of them were on awful called third strikes.

Agreed. Lackey doesn't look that great, especially for what the Sox are paying him for the next five years. In 2 years he'll be a major liability to them

If what just hit DC is coming to Baltimore, everyone is going to have to sprint for cover REALLY fast. It was dry one second and then it was like God emptied an enormous bucket onto the earth. Sheets and sheets of solid water and crazy winds.

If what just hit DC is coming to Baltimore, everyone is going to have to sprint for cover REALLY fast. It was dry one second and then it was like God emptied an enormous bucket onto the earth. Sheets and sheets of solid water and crazy winds.

Nay, it looks like DC is getting the brunt of the storm, not Baltimore.

Archived