6/6: Red Sox at O's

ScottieBaseball

As a beliver that we are a cursed team, I predict that we jump on Lackey for 5-6 runs in the first 3 innings and then will have to start building an ark when the rain comes and washes out the game.

Tornado watch.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too. Many. Fastballs.

I'm assuming it's Tatum, or maybe Kranitz, but c'mon let's utilize Matusz's strengths and those are his offspeed pitches.

No it's not. He's mixing all four pitches pretty well. He's definitely using the fastball to set up some off-speed stuff, but I disagree.

No it's not. He's mixing all four pitches pretty well. He's definitely using the fastball to set up some off-speed stuff, but I disagree.

At work and can't see the game, what do you think Matusz's problem is? Or is it merely Boston is that good?

Matusz doesn't have the greatest fastball today but when he does locate it well, he's not getting the calls. Anything on the outside corner or lower part of the strikezone against right handed hitters is simply not being called a strike. This means the only strikes he's getting are down the middle of the plate.

Today's Lineups:

BOS

SS Scutaro

2B Pedroia

DH Ortiz

1B Youkilis

C Martinez

3B Beltre

LF Hall

CF Cameron

RF McDonald

BAL

2B Lugo

DH Tejada

RF Markakis

1B Wigginton

LF Scott

3B Moore

C Tatum

SS Izturis

Let the fireworks begin.

???

I think it's a mistake to play 8 against 9 and have no centerfielder?

At work and can't see the game, what do you think Matusz's problem is? Or is it merely Boston is that good?

Just about every hitter seems to have worked the count to 2-2 with Matusz. The Red Sox are disciplined and patient. It doesn't help that the ump is squeezing Matusz more than Lackey, but I thought Matusz looked sharp until the homerun.

Just about every hitter seems to have worked the count to 2-2 with Matusz. The Red Sox are disciplined and patient. It doesn't help that the ump is squeezing Matusz more than Lackey, but I thought Matusz looked sharp until the homerun.

Yeah this is definitely true. He is not calling low strikes or outside pitches for Matusz and well... we know what the Red Sox do with fastballs down the middle of the plate...

Tornado watch.

Cant' see if Sherry's crew is sitting behind the tarps. Just looked at the radar and the rain should be in the area shortly.

That's why I'm watching the game instead of gardening, like I told myself I was going to do today.

A few more Boston runs and I'll be out there regardless of the weather. :(

Archived