8/21: Rangers/O's on Fox

PaulFolk

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Mayo could DH versus LH SP, and play some 3rd va RHP. Ramon could enter in late as a defensive sub. That’s an everyday role with 1 off day a week.  
    • I'll forgive him for both if he can keep pitching the way he has. Baker? you will probably see him this Summer in a Shuttle move or 2 to eat non leveraged innings, hopefully not in October.  
    • A reliever for us. He’d be behind Coloumbe, Akin, Perez, and Vespi. We have a really good team. It’s crazy to just assume that the next prospect is always going to be better than what we currently have. We’re not just going to cast aside successful and trusted relievers to ride with Povich that may be our 5th best LH RP. It would be best for him to go to a team that isn’t trying to win on a nightly basis and see if his stuff plays at the MLB level.  Just because someone is an Orioles farmhand doesn’t give them a super power. They need to be able to get MLB hitters out with stuff. Nothing against Povich, I root for him, but we just DFA’d Yohan Ramirez that probably has a more playable arsenal out of the pen than Povich would. 97 with a plus sweeper.  Povich seems like Zimmerman 2.0. Hope he finds a stuff uptick. But it is what it is. 
    • I saw a lot of comments in the game threads about how the Yankees can't hit, but they have playoff caliber pitching (in some spots). Yes, their closer throws a whiffle ball. Their starters can be feast or famine (depending on which side of the fence you're on). Prob 2 or 3 other very nice bullpen arms, including the most Bronx baseball name of all time, Ron Marinaccio. Ronnie Uncle Jimmy probably grew up breaking windows playing stick ball on Wilson Avenue. Anyway... Playoff caliber pitching with a somewhat toothless lineup could be great experience for us throughout the season. They'll continue to win games against bad teams and hang around in the division race all year, so each matchup we have with them will have some mild playoff intensity to it. In short, the Yankees could be a fun simulator for us this year. Finally, they're good for something.
    • Give me back Hunter Harvey for someone like Jud Fabian.
    • Sounds like a good opportunity for the O's to do their whole late inning comeback routine again. 
    • When did teams start trading a top 20 prospect in baseball for a relief pitcher with a month of success.
  • Popular Contributors