Gus Gilchrist

Gus will dominate the ACC when he joins the Terps! I can't wait for the big man to arrive on College Park; his addition to the already very large front court of Dupree, Walker and Gregory will wreak havic on opposing ACC teams. This will probably be the best front court in the ACC in two years if everyone stays. With the addition of Mosely and Majok - look out. A second NCAA Champion banner could be hanging from the Center real soon! :002_sdrool:

Thanks Coach Seth for your hard stances with Gus and Munson; Charm City 'ballers will think hard before choosing VT over UMD.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/recruiting/2007/10/gilchrist_found_right_fit_with_maryland.html

This quote from his trainer/mentor stood out, "He wanted to sit out, go to prep school and then come back the next year after all the things blew over. ... The coach felt that he recruited him and Gus needed to come there now, but myself and his parents thought he should feel comfortable. ... Once he wasn’t supported, he changed his mind about the whole thing.... He did want to go to school there. He really liked the school.”

Anyone who reads this nice overview of the situation and continues to wish bad things upon Gus is an immature and biased fan. Get over yourselves and stop judging a teenager for making a very reasonable decision.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/recruiting/2007/10/gilchrist_found_right_fit_with_maryland.html

This quote from his trainer/mentor stood out, "He wanted to sit out, go to prep school and then come back the next year after all the things blew over. ... The coach felt that he recruited him and Gus needed to come there now, but myself and his parents thought he should feel comfortable. ... Once he wasn’t supported, he changed his mind about the whole thing.... He did want to go to school there. He really liked the school.”

Anyone who reads this nice overview of the situation and continues to wish bad things upon Gus is an immature and biased fan. Get over yourselves and stop judging a teenager for making a very reasonable decision.

I already quoted that earlier in this thread...but I certainly agree with your follow-up statement.

Archived