Justin Upton

My O's Face

Its one thing to not get a deal done.

Its another to not make calls and do everything you can to get a deal done.

Those are 2 very different concepts.

Yeah dude, but he's not that guy. I don't understand why you get pissed at him all the time when you have such low expectations.

I mean, if we were hanging out and I asked you, "Hey man, do you think MacPhail would call the D'backs about Upton?" I can't pinpoint exactly what you'd say, but based on your previous comments on MacPhail and what you think of his capabilities, I'd probably expect an answer along the lines of "No."

So why get mad? Why have any expectations of him at all when you already know how you feel about him? Again, it's like like being pissed that a fat kid can't run a 7 minute mile.

Or this: Bottom of the 9th, Izturis is up with 2 on and we're down 1 run. Do you expect him to get the job done?

No, you don't. So do you expect MacPhail to get anything done? No, you don't.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, the only problem is how do we know if he's trying to get a deal done unless it actually goes through?

We don't..at this point, all we know is the Orioles haven't been connected to him and AM has never been known as an aggressive and creative GM.

He is a guy that, in practically every acquisition he makes, looks for a bargain. He likes to get players that he feels have high value but aren't valued by their own teams or the rest of the league.

That is what he has always gone after.

Upton has both high value and is valued by his own team...That's why a trade for him isn't likely...its also why a Mark Reynolds deal is possible, although he could be scared off by the K's.

Yeah dude, but he's not that guy. I don't understand why you get pissed at him all the time when you have such low expectations.

I mean, if we were hanging out and I asked you, "Hey man, do you think MacPhail would call the D'backs about Upton?" I can't pinpoint exactly what you'd say, but based on your previous comments on MacPhail and what you think of his capabilities, I'd probably expect an answer along the lines of "No."

So why get mad? Why have any expectations of him at all when you already know how you feel about him? Again, it's like like being pissed that a fat kid can't run a 7 minute mile.

Or this: Bottom of the 9th, Izturis is up with 2 on and we're down 1 run. Do you expect him to get the job done?

No, you don't. So do you expect MacPhail to get anything done? No, you don't.

Again, this is a discussion board, so I am going to discuss things that are going on and what I feel they should do...but unfortunately, we have a very below average GM(for our situation) and things aren't likely to get better for us.

I just received an alert from MLB Trade Rumors that the O's are no longer pursuing Upton. Didn't know we were. Anyhow it said the DBacks want 4 prospects in return. When the Red Sox checked in on him, the DBacks wanted Ellsbury and Bard in return for starts..

No thanks. Pass.

I think I would essentially going to call up Zona and offer them a list of guys for them to choose from...My targets would be Upton and Reynolds.

Here is my list:

-Guthrie

-1 of Tillman, Arrieta, BB or Britton

-2 of Scott, Pie, Bell or Reimold

-DH, JJ or VDH

-any prospect in the organization besides Machado and Britton(meaning if they don't choose Britton amongst the 4 young pitchers, they can't have him as the last player)

Now, if they only want 1 out of the Scott group and would rather have another prospect or 2, that's fine but that would be the basic trade idea.

I just received an alert from MLB Trade Rumors that the O'sbare no longer pursuing Upton. Didn't know we were. Anyhow it said the DBacks want 4 prospects in return. When the Red Sox checked in on him' date=' the DBacks wanted Ellsbury and Bard in return for starts..

No thanks. Pass.[/quote']

http://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/5287948543066112

It doesn't say no longer..It says we aren't involved in the talks right now.

Who is shocked by that one? :rolleyes:

From ROTOWORLD

According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, the Red Sox are on the "back burner" in trade talks for Justin Upton.

Another unspecified team made a strong push on Wednesday, according to Rosenthal, and roughly 15 teams have already expressed their interest. An official from another club told Rosenthal that the D-Backs want to "win" the trade and want four top prospects in exchange for Upton. The Diamondbacks have discussed three-team and possibly four-team trades, but if the Red Sox were to trade only their own players, they would likely have to part with some combination of Daniel Bard, top prospect right-hander Casey Kelly and outfielders Jacoby Ellsbury and Ryan Kalish. As of Wednesday night, Rosenthal reports that there was "little momentum" for a trade. Nov. 18 - 8:40 am et

PASS

Upton is an upgrade to Markakis for sure, but for what he'll cost us, we'll have a huge net loss, especially for pitchers. I would much rather us focus on Reynolds.

That's about where I am. We are very good in the OF. Upton would make us great. But at an insane price. I say focus on where we have nothing first. Then try to incrementally improve elsewhere.

Archived