CBSSports: Hardy & Harris for Hoey & Jacobson a done deal

hoosiers

Considering his injury history the last 2 seasons, I'd be very surprised if he would turn down a 3/18-21m if it was offered.

I'd say it would be closer to the 2/$14 extension, so 3 years total, essentially agreeing with your 3/$21 idea. I doubt the Orioles would look to extend him immediately though.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even with Harris, this trade would be even better than the Reynolds deal IMO.

Hardy is truly an elite defender. If he can just stay healthy next year, I'd expect him to save 8 to 12 runs with the glove. Bill James projects a ~.750 OPS with 16 HR. That would just be such an unbelievable improvement over the production we've had at short over the last three years.

We should be talking extension from the moment he arrives in Baltimore.

Jacobson looks to be the hold up as it is unclear if he can be selected in the Rule 5...

One way this trade might not go down is that Jacobsen might be eligible to be selected in the Rule 5 draft. His eligibility was unclear late Wednesday night.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/blogs/111576539.html

The Pirates could screw us here if they were to take him and then ship him to the Twins. I really hope they don't...

Sweet if it is the deal we have been talking about.

The link to his CBS sports column states it's the same deal as reported, Hardy and Harris for Jacobson and Hoey. I should have directly linked the CBS Sports article but the Tweet was quicker :)

What a great turnaround for Baltimore. Reimold/Simon for Bartlett to Jacobson/Hoey for Hardy.

Lets get LaRoche or Lee signed and go charge some windmills.

The only possible explanation for this, is that for whatever reason, the Orioles like Bartlett better than Hardy. I personally have no idea how that would be possible.

The only possible explanation for this, is that for whatever reason, the Orioles like Bartlett better than Hardy. I personally have no idea how that would be possible.

Probably because of Hardy's injury proneness. One of the drawbacks of being a good defensive SS is that he does have frequent injury issues, but so did Izturis.

Just to have an official thread about it...

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270335/26329086

When's the last time we heard an Orioles trade confirmed after midnight? ;)

Great trade in my book.

Great news and a definite upgrade over Izturis. Now if we can land Lee we have reworked 3/4 of our infield . Harris is actually a nice addition also can play every position on the diamond except catcher so he will be the utility man.

Archived