Should Pie have plowed into Joba?

NewMarketSean

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bigger issue is Pie should have started the game in left field. Scott cost us a few runs IMO. The ricochet off the backstop hurt Pie's chances, but it was the correct move. The way Pie's injury prone history is, I am glad he didn't collide with the fat reliever

I hate to get all JTrea but I mean this is the year we should be playing these teams tougher -- not lying down for them -- and Felix had his chance to set the tone for the season. I know it's hard to put all that emotion into a split second decision, and you're right, Felix probably would have been headed for the DL if he tried to plow into him...and Joba probably wouldn't have moved -- but damn if we didn't need that extra run!!!

He didn't need to run over anyone, he just needed to slide. For some inexplicable reason (his notoriously low baseball IQ and skill) he tried to score standing up. That would have won the game.

I can't stand to watch the extra innings, obvious that O's will lose.

How could he have slid when Joba was blocking the plate? The only way to home plate was through Jabba, I mean Joba.

The plate was clear. Pie's foot slid right past the plate when he skidded, close enough that I thought he had touched it at first. He gets low and he's safe.

He didn't need to run over anyone, he just needed to slide. For some inexplicable reason (his notoriously low baseball IQ and skill) he tried to score standing up. That would have won the game.

I can't stand to watch the extra innings, obvious that O's will lose.

He couldn't slide because Joba was totally blocking the plate.

Archived