Notes from the minors 4/22

Tony-OH

Tides Lose 3-2

- Zach Davies pitched well allowing just one run on four hits and a walk while striking out five. The 22-year old now has a 1.80 ERA and 16 Ks and 15 IP in three starts.

- Steve Clevenger started his first game at second base since rookie ball in 2006. It'll be interesting to see if this was a one day thing or if he will get a look there. Jayson Nix has been the starter but he's put up a .376 OPS so far.

Keys lost big

- Chance Sisco has returned after being out with a hairline fracture. He caught and went 1-for-3.

- In his second season at Frederick, SS Adrian Marin is off to slow start putting up a .588 OPS so far.

Delmarva won

- 18-year old 3B prospect Jomar Reyes went 2-for-4 and is now batting .283.

- 24-year old Cuban outfielder Elier Leyva got the night off is is batting .129/.250/.129/.379 with 12 K's and no extra base hits in his first 36 professional PAs.

http://mlbfarm.com/index.php?team=BAL

Tides Lose 3-2

- Zach Davies pitched well allowing just one run on four hits and a walk while striking out five. The 22-year old now has a 1.80 ERA and 16 Ks and 15 IP in three starts.

- Steve Clevenger started his first game at second base since rookie ball in 2006. It'll be interesting to see if this was a one day thing or if he will get a look there. Jayson Nix has been the starter but he's put up a .376 OPS so far.

Keys lost big

- Chance Sisco has returned after being out with a hairline fracture. He caught and went 1-for-3.

- In his second season at Frederick, SS Adrian Marin is off to slow start putting up a .588 OPS so far.

Delmarva won

- 18-year old 3B prospect Jomar Reyes went 2-for-4 and is now batting .283.

- 24-year old Cuban outfielder Elier Leyva got the night off is is batting .129/.250/.129/.379 with 12 K's and no extra base hits in his first 36 professional PAs.

http://mlbfarm.com/index.php?team=BAL

Alex Murphy and Jonah Heim (needs better plate discipline) both off to good starts for the Shorebirds.

With Wright, Davies, Gausman, and Bundy on the horizon feeling good about the depth in the system.

Also, Dariel Alvarez has homers in back to back games...feel like he might be close to being our RF.

Definitely good to see Alvarez getting on track. I probably should have included him going deep in back to back games. I doubt we'll see him in Baltimore any time soon barring an injury but if Snider keeps playing keystone cops out there and DeAza doesn't get back on track offensively, i could see him on the horizon by late May early June.

Wright Davies and Wilson have all looked good in Norfolk thus far. Offensively, so have Parmalee and Clevenger.

Our hitting prospects in Bowie and Frederick are really, really thin although it's nice to see Sisco back.

I'm also very happy to see Reyes and Heim get off to a good start. Hopefully, they can keep it up. I like the Shoerbirds catchers alot. Heim gets most of the press but Alex Murphy has started off hot and is the same age. Nice depth at catcher.

Alex Murphy and Jonah Heim (needs better plate discipline) both off to good starts for the Shorebirds.

With Wright, Davies, Gausman, and Bundy on the horizon feeling good about the depth in the system.

Also, Dariel Alvarez has homers in back to back games...feel like he might be close to being our RF.

The emergence of Mutphy and Heim is definitely highlight of the season so far. Mutphy had another 2 RBI tonight and now has 19.

Glad to see the AAA starting pitchers doing well. Looks like we may need 'em.

The emergence of Mutphy and Heim is definitely highlight of the season so far. Mutphy had another 2 RBI tonight and now has 19.

Glad to see the AAA starting pitchers doing well. Looks like we may need 'em.

My highlight thus far is the performance of Reyes in Delmarva. I know it's early but he's OPSing .924 through 14 games with 5 walks. Oh, and he's 18.

Archived