Delmonico got his stuff together

Crazysilver03

White Sox INF prospect Nick Delmonico launched two homers Monday in a win for Double-A Birmingham.

The 23-year-old has now gone deep five times in his last six games. He leads the Southern League with 10 homers and is second in RBI with 31. He also leads the league in batting average (.338), slugging percentage (.676) and OPS (1.073). Delmonico only needs three more homers to match his career-high set in 2013. Back then, he was in the Orioles' farm system playing for High-A Frederick.

Good for Nick.

Still young enough.

February 6, 2015 Brevard County Manatees released 3B Nick Delmonico.

September 1, 2014 Brevard County Manatees activated 3B Nick Delmonico from the restricted list.

July 28, 2014 Brevard County Manatees placed 3B Nick Delmonico on the restricted list.

July 20, 2014 Brevard County Manatees placed 3B Nick Delmonico on the temporarily inactive list.

May 9, 2014 3B Nick Delmonico assigned to Brevard County Manatees.

August 30, 2013 Brevard County Manatees activated 3B Nick Delmonico from the 7-day disabled list.

August 21, 2013 Brevard County Manatees placed 3B Nick Delmonico on the 7-day disabled list retroactive to August 19, 2013.

July 27, 2013 3B Nick Delmonico assigned to Brevard County Manatees.

July 23, 2013 Milwaukee Brewers traded RHP Francisco Rodriguez to Baltimore Orioles for 3B Nick Delmonico.

Quite the turn around for the young man. He's even hitting lefties this year, something he was brutal at doing earlier in his career with the Orioles. I did see he's basically a first baseman now though. Nice young man, hope he keeps it up.

Quite the turn around for the young man. He's even hitting lefties this year, something he was brutal at doing earlier in his career with the Orioles. I did see he's basically a first baseman now though. Nice young man, hope he keeps it up.

You did a real nice video blog with him before he fell off the ledge.

• 1 year later...
On 5/24/2016 at 6:10 PM, Tony-OH said:

Is this the one where Cano was mentioned in the same sentence with Delmonico?  haha.  I appreciate all the little things like this.  Hope the guy makes it to the show.  

• 2 months later...

Wow, he OPS'd only .768 this year in the IL in 429 plate appearances (.708 in 295 last year).  It must be tough as bleep to hit in the IL.  Nick did great in AA last year in 159 pa's.  I guess he's no longer a 3rd baseman?  He had a .902 fielding % in 73 AAA games there.  :puke:    

On 5/31/2017 at 7:40 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

Is this the one where Cano was mentioned in the same sentence with Delmonico?  haha.  I appreciate all the little things like this.  Hope the guy makes it to the show.  

No, it was this one with Torre Tyson. 

Notice in the background when Nick Delmonico shows up goofing around. Check it out at 5:03.

Archived