New Coach Search

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea. Two recent comments via Twitter within the past hour RE: Sean Miller...

Per Brent Harris from Comcast SportsNet:

RT @CSNBrent Sean Miller is speaking today at the Nike Championship Basketball Clinic in Las Vegas.. *Miller will intv with MD in Vegas-Could get offer

Per Jeff Goodman:

Sources: Maryland targets Arizona's Sean Miller; two sides to meet today in Vegas - http://bit.ly/kElB5h/

Jeff Goodman of Fox Sports about an hour ago via Twitter:

@goodmanonfox Sources have told FOXSports.com that there may not be an official offer on table, but the Maryland job is Sean Miller's if he wants it.
My sources have said that Miller's family would like to get back east - and Miller has been long intrigued by the Maryland job.

Jeff Goodman of Fox Sports about an hour ago via Twitter:

Something else that hasn't been mentioned yet...

Last month NC State and Debbie Yow wanted to interview Sean Miller for the NC State job. Yow and a bozo reporter accused Gary Williams of sabotaging their efforts to get Miller. I believe the reporter said that Gary Williams called Miller and told him to stay away from Yow and the NC State. Perhaps, just perhaps, if a conversation did happen between Gary and Miller at that time, perhaps Gary told Miller that he was seriously thinking about retiring. If Maryland is Miller's "dream Job" maybe Gary told him to wait because the job may be opening up sooner than later.

Just something to think about...

Another piece of info from Jeff Goodman of Fox Sports:

Sources close to Sean Miller have said they do not expect him to drag this thing out too long. ``Decision could come as soon as today."

BTW, I apologize if I'm annoying you poor folks.

More from Goodman, who has disputed 980's report saying it's simply untrue... He added this:

However, my sources said Miller is "leaning towards taking Maryland." However, nothing will be done until after meeting today in Vegas.

Gary loves the Maryland, I think he knew all along whom would be the next coach. I think this is a done deal but has to run the course. Gary would not leave the Terps empty handed. Say what you will about his recruiting, as an X and O coach he is outstanding. I wish him nothing but the best.

Go Terps!

Archived