Orioles: Best Winning % in Majors When Scoring First

OFFNY

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Gah why would you bump such a thread When the title isn't even reflective of this year? Sometimes you bump meaningful threads but for the most part you bump stuff that isn't worth it. Especially when it is years old.

It's in regard to to the the same subject.

It's from last year (not "years"), and the Orioles are having a difficult time winning games in which they haven't scored 1st. Without looking it up, the 14-6 record when scoring first is probably not so unusual, but the 1-12 record when not scoring first would appear to be significant.

The O's have largely been playing five inning games this year. They are 13-1 when ahead after five innings, 2-14 when losing after five. They've only played three games that were tied after five innings, and they are 0-3 in those games.

• 2 weeks later...

o

The O's have largely been playing five inning games this year.

They are 13-1 when ahead after five innings.

They are 2-14 when losing after five innings.

They are 0-3 when tied after five innings.

UPDATE:

The Orioles are 17-2 when ahead after five innings.

The Orioles are 4-16 when losing after five innings.

The Orioles are 1-6 when tied after five innings.

Since your post, the Orioles are 2-2 when losing after 5 innings, which seems somewhat encouraging considering that they were previously 2-14 in said situations.

They are 3-1 (since your post) when winning after 5 innings, which is good ....... a slight decrease in winning percentage in said situations after starting the season at 13-1.

I

what

I think you have us all befuddled here Patrick.

Ahh, thanks for pointing that out.

I fixed it.

I had cut and pasted the winning portion of the sentence without changing the corresponding words to "losing" and "tied" in the second and third sentences.

Have a greenie, Jay.

Archived