Would you trade Adam Jones even up for these CF's?

Frobby

I'd trade Adam Jones even up to get (multiple selections allowed):  

202 members have voted

1. 1. I'd trade Adam Jones even up to get (multiple selections allowed):

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Perhaps. I do think Jones is more valuable as a RFer and in the right situation could provide value to a contending club, but I'm really just kinda winging it on the contract numbers. 

I know, he said, he wanted to keep his stock high, going into free agency.

He talked about wanting to play for a contender, and then he veto the trade, which is well within the right that he earned.

Something in the back of my mind, says, he knows his days are probably done for. I dont see him happy as a role player, and since he loves the area, I can see him coaching the young kids in some capacity.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

I know, he said, he wanted to keep his stock high, going into free agency.

He talked about wanting to play for a contender, and then he veto the trade, which is well within the right that he earned.

Something in the back of my mind, says, he knows his days are probably done for. I dont see him happy as a role player, and since he loves the area, I can see him coaching the young kids in some capacity.

I don't see that happening for several more years. Jones may have to swallow his pride a bit, but he's not going to give away millions of dollars to start coaching little league in the city.

18 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Good question. Maybe anything over $8 million? I could see Jones getting a 2yr/$14 million contract from someone needing a bridge to a prospects and has ideas of contending.

I agree that’s about the most I see him getting.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

I don't see that happening for several more years. Jones may have to swallow his pride a bit, but he's not going to give away millions of dollars to start coaching little league in the city.

I am sure you are right, but, just hard to understand vetoing the Philly trade. There has to be something we missing and not privy to here.

14 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Agreed. I don't think the Orioles were getting anything of value back for Jones and for that reason alone I was not upset when he vetoed the trade.

But it doesn't take away from the fact that he did for his own selfish reasons, which is understandable, but doesn't change the fact that he did it for those reasons.

One of the reasons I like Zack Greinke is he said he signed with the Dodgers because they offered him the most money. No BS, no apologies just the plain truth,. 

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

I am sure you are right, but, just hard to understand vetoing the Philly trade. There has to be something we missing and not privy to here.

Wouldn't be surprised if he wanted money to waive his no trade rights.

i.e. give me 2 million and I'll pack my bags.

Just now, Finisher said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he wanted money to waive his no trade rights.

i.e. give me 2 million and I'll pack my bags.

I suspect if that had been the case, that information would have leaked out.

AJ has made over 95 million playing ball, that doesnt take into consideration, endorsements.

I really doubt that 2 more million is going to do much to his portfolio.

11 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I really doubt that 2 more million is going to do much to his portfolio.

This is a guy who is flipping houses. Those projects take way more effort for way less money. He's made 95 million playing ball, why is he bothering to flip houses?

O's aren't going to put Jones on blast like that. Not saying this definitely happened just would not surprised if it did and I think we'd hear about it after the dust settles.

2 hours ago, Larry18 said:

One of the reasons I like Zack Greinke is he said he signed with the Dodgers because they offered him the most money. No BS, no apologies just the plain truth,. 

I'm not sure I'd hold up Greinke as a shining example for anything. He's a great pitcher, but he's a certifiable nut job. 

2 minutes ago, Finisher said:

This is a guy who is flipping houses. Those projects take way more effort for way less money. He's made 95 million playing ball, why is he bothering to flip houses?

O's aren't going to put Jones on blast like that. Not saying this definitely happened just would not surprised if it did and I think we'd hear about it after the dust settles.

He isnt flipping houses.

He sold his house, and brought Cal Ripken's old place.

Sounds like a move up, in my opinion.

There is money in flipping houses. I know a guy who makes his living that way, and he doesn't spend the first minute in manual labor, either.

6 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Here's a thought. Maybe the team should have actually asked him if he would consider waiving his no trade rights before they engaged in negotiations.

I'm sure he would have said yes to a contender offering him a full time OF job.

25 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

He isnt flipping houses.

He sold his house, and brought Cal Ripken's old place.

Sounds like a move up, in my opinion.

There is money in flipping houses. I know a guy who makes his living that way, and he doesn't spend the first minute in manual labor, either.

He's been dabbling in real estate for awhile. Obviously there's money in it, but not 2 million in a blink.

He's literally saying here he didn't accept the trade over money (i.e. perceived value going into free agency). He's obviously very focused on money.

Archived