Everybody Ragin' Now!

TGO

1993 Eli Jacobs went bankrupt, and the Orioles as one of his assets were sold.

SINCE 1993, the Orioles have been owned by the Angleos family. Other than the playoff years of 1996 and 1997, the Orioles have not bee a good team until Dan Duquette took over as GM in 2012.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watching MLB this morning can't help to think what a waste of

talent on this final year of our F/A. this team could have been

so much better with a couple of talented additions. I really think

DD let the fan's down. It's just a shame.

Do you prefer the Yankees or the Red Sox front office moves?

1993 Eli Jacobs went bankrupt, and the Orioles as one of his assets were sold.

SINCE 1993, the Orioles have been owned by the Angleos family. Other than the playoff years of 1996 and 1997, the Orioles have not bee a good team until Dan Duquette took over as GM in 2012.

I do not believe the 96 & 97 seasons was based on anything Angelos did. IMO

Watching MLB this morning can't help to think what a waste of

talent on this final year of our F/A. this team could have been

so much better with a couple of talented additions. I really think

DD let the fan's down. It's just a shame.

I think its a shame the fans are ganging up on DD and not recognizing the good he has done, before this season.

I think its a shame the fans are ganging up on DD and not recognizing the good he has done, before this season.

He/she posts from halfway between New York city and Boston, he/she may not root for the Orioles as his primary team and therefore may not be a 'fan" by your definition.

He meant since the dark ages. Angels has owned this team for a very long time and he and his sons will for a long while to come. Yes, it was bad during the 14 years of losing, peoples had become numb to the losing. We have had a really good team for a few seasons now and that makes everyone more ragey.

I think it's even harder to be a fan now. Back then if we'd be down 3 or 4 by the third inning you'd think it's August, we're 20 games out. Let's see what's on Food Nerwork. Ho hum.

Now that we're contenders every game matters, sometimes despeatery. You watch every inning. You watch Yankee or Toronto games to see what they're doing. It's so much more work.

• 10 months later...
Something is terribly wrong when a veteran pitcher like Gallardo is at 100 pitches or so in 4 innings. WHEN THAT SAME PITCHER GIVES UP BACK TO BACK HOME RUNS IN THE VERY INNING FOLLOWING BEING GIVEN A 3-0 LEAD. This is unacceptable and inexcusable.At some point these pitchers have to take full responsibility.Blame Buck or Duquette all you want, but this is on our horrible pitching staff.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-mariners-0704-20160703-story.html

"It's disappointing, there's no doubt about it," Jimenez said. "As a starting pitcher, you want to be the best out there for your team. We haven't been able to do the job. It's not fun. At all. We have to find a way to get back on track."

Save for sifting through the flotsam of their Triple-A rotation or paying a premium to upgrade their rotation, this is the one they'll go forward with. Jimenez wore all the weight of the series sweep in his sad expression after the game, but the failure in Seattle was collective.

Top starter Chris Tillman surrendered four runs and didn't complete five innings Thursday, his ERA jumping to 3.71. Kevin Gausman gave the Orioles six solid innings Friday, but Wilson's three innings and Jimenez' 41/3 dealt a foundation-shaking blow to the team. In this series alone, the rotation's ERA jumped from 4.92 to 5.15.

I don't think that the starters are blaming DD or Buck at all.

Archived