Bryce Harper spotted "blowing kiss to pitcher"

Austin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like baseball players with attitude. The one thing that the Brewers did with

when landed was absolutely golden. My thought is this: if your team is losing, you should be taunted. If you don't like being taunted, stop losing. To the winners go the spoils; I for one welcome our new cocky baseball player overlords. Good for Harper.

I'm also the kind of guy that, if intentionally plunked, would throw my bat at the pitcher.

He's going to be good... and he's going to let you know it.

In the past, America gushed over cocky athletes like this. I'm very interested to see how the 21st Century twitterverse American reacts to him.

I'm looking forward to booing him... and I'm glad he's not on the Orioles.

I would take his talent in our system any day of the week. He could wear a dress at the plate and actually kiss the pitcher, as long as hes hitting.

I like baseball players with attitude. The one thing that the Brewers did with
when landed was absolutely golden. My thought is this: if your team is losing, you should be taunted. If you don't like being taunted, stop losing. To the winners go the spoils; I for one welcome our new cocky baseball player overlords. Good for Harper.

I'm also the kind of guy that, if intentionally plunked, would throw my bat at the pitcher.

Absolutely agree with this. I watched that video and by the time he crossed home plate, still staring down the pitcher, even turning around backwards into the dugout... I HATED that guy! But if he was on our team I would LOVE it. I love characters, and if you can back it up (which Harper probably can) all the better.

Absolutely agree with this. I watched that video and by the time he crossed home plate, still staring down the pitcher, even turning around backwards into the dugout... I HATED that guy! But if he was on our team I would LOVE it. I love characters, and if you can back it up (which Harper probably can) all the better.
Yeah, but he's not in our system though, I'd like to punch that kid right in the mouth. Hope he gets to the show and is head-hunted by guys like Aroldis Chapman.

I am personally not a fan of Bryce Harper. My friend and I went to see him on the 28th of May. The previous night's game had been rained out in the 5th inning so they completed that game and then played a 7 inning game.

The home plate Umpire for the resuming game had a wide strike zone and in Harper's first AB got struck out on a clear outside pitch that should have been a ball. Harper gets right into the Umpire's face screaming at him and clearly cussing at him. Even with Harper yelling at him, he doesn't even get thrown out of the game. The other thing we noticed (and fans around us) is that Harper was almost always the last person out of the dugout each inning. Sometimes the infielders were already throwing around the ball when he was trotting out to center.

He is definitely going to be a Major League player but I really don't like his attitude at all.

I am personally not a fan of Bryce Harper. My friend and I went to see him on the 28th of May. The previous night's game had been rained out in the 5th inning so they completed that game and then played a 7 inning game.

The home plate Umpire for the resuming game had a wide strike zone and in Harper's first AB got struck out on a clear outside pitch that should have been a ball. Harper gets right into the Umpire's face screaming at him and clearly cussing at him. Even with Harper yelling at him, he doesn't even get thrown out of the game. The other thing we noticed (and fans around us) is that Harper was almost always the last person out of the dugout each inning. Sometimes the infielders were already throwing around the ball when he was trotting out to center.

He is definitely going to be a Major League player but I really don't like his attitude at all.

And we could use that kind of distraction on the Orioles right now. We need guys that can play. Mike Mussina was a horrible personality. It made him a better player.

Yeah, but he's not in our system though, I'd like to punch that kid right in the mouth. Hope he gets to the show and is head-hunted by guys like Aroldis Chapman.

That's fine, and I'll probably end up hating him too. But it does create interest in the game. You might read an (extra) article about something he did. If there's an incident, and a likely retaliation in today's game, you might watch it when otherwise you wouldn't. That's why I love characters (even when I hate them and their team.) They're more interesting to watch.

Saw this article and was going to post it. Here's as good a place as any. No real news here, just a nice article about the kid.

http://sports.excite.com/news/06072011/v6966.html

Haha, wow. I haven't seen an excite.com link in years! I had no idea that domain was even still around.

Just a little internet history... Excite CEO George Bell once had the opportunity to purchase Google's search engine for $750,000, and turned it down.

If you're bored, here's the fun story: http://www.minyanville.com/special-features/articles/excite-google-microsoft-yahoo-apple-bankruptcy/4/23/2010/id/27013

Haha, wow. I haven't seen an excite.com link in years! I had no idea that domain was even still around.

Just a little internet history... Excite CEO George Bell once had the opportunity to purchase Google's search engine for $750,000, and turned it down.

If you're bored, here's the fun story: http://www.minyanville.com/special-features/articles/excite-google-microsoft-yahoo-apple-bankruptcy/4/23/2010/id/27013

I've used it for years for news, TV listings and my secondary email account. Old habits die hard... :P

Hell, I use Alta Vista to search.

Archived