Hardy or Reyes?

JTrea81

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we could be happy with Hardy at Ss ... Fielder is at a position of dire need offensively. So I'd go with Fielder. Pay the man!
Not 7/175. I'd rather save the money and buy the DR. Much prefer trading for Alonso.

JJ Hardy will cost less to extend, but he's played a maximum of 151 games once and is on pace to only play 90 games this season, so you will likely have a backup IFer getting 50-60 games at SS.

Leave it to you to post something like this.:rolleyes:

Saying he is on pace for 90 games seems a little misleading as every game he plays that pace lengthens and he is currently healthy.

On May 20th, he was on pace for 69 games. One June 1, he was on pace for 81. Now he's on pace for 90. According to my math, if he keeps this up, he'll be on pace for 200+ games by late August. :)

He's a politician. He frames every answer in the most favorable light (to his argument), even if it involves stunning leaps of faith and logic.

And really, it's too bad that he does this. Because this and other conversations that he brings up are usually worth debating, but he simply can't say "in my opinion..." He always includes some misinformation - whether it is a quote or stats - into what he is presenting as fact. Trea would be so much more respected around here if he dropped this method of delivering his opnions.

Anyway - onto the subject. I think JJ is a Baltimore type player and that is what I like most about him. He really is the perfect replacement in terms of makeup for BRob if Brian is finished. Smart, well liked, hard nosed team first oriented player who finds a home in Baltimore - like BJ Surhoff, Conine, or Bordick.

When both are healthy, both are 4+ WAR SS.

Reyes has a higher upside but the cost difference is huge.

If we can't extend Hardy and end up trading him, then Reyes should be a big time target for us.

However, extending Hardy would be preferble.

For what it's worth, MacPhail is interested...

(which shouldn't be any bit of a surprise because I am willing to bet all 30 teams are 'interested' in some level.)

EDIT: and vatech is right... legit attitude/character concerns.

For what it's worth, MacPhail is interested...

(which shouldn't be any bit of a surprise because I am willing to bet all 30 teams are 'interested' in some level.)

EDIT: and vatech is right... legit attitude/character concerns.

Is this your opinion? Course he is probably interested like he was with Tex.

Archived