Petition

bryanman8

Fire Sam Perlozzo.

Post here if you think Sam should get the heck out of here because he's actually costing our teams wins now and has no idea what on Earth he's doing.

Man, every single game...at least let the Orioles hear our voice somewhat. In this day and age, my Grandmother knows not to sacrifice bunt...and here we have our beloved major league baseball team doing it...with our hottest hitter...in a tie game...in extra innings...when it wouldn't even be very good if it works...when he clearly doesn't know how to bunt...when we're facing an explosive lineup in Texas...when our bullpen is horrible and can't be trusted to hold even a one-run lead.

In addition to this, the horrible misuse of the bullpen, the continual use of guys who stink over guys who are good, the absurd lineup configurations, and the SACRIFICE BUNTING.

We, as Baltimore Oriole fans, do not like Sam Perlozzo.

Man, I'm not a happy camper tonight. ;)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he is a bad manager but unless the players hate him or he does something to humiliate the team, i do not agree with giving a manager just one year.

Agree with your sentiments here. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this season, but having your best hitter bunt, especially after the feeble first attempt, should be grounds for immediate dismissal next season.

Honestly, I'd be okay if he simply decided to stop sacrifice bunting unless there's a guy at the plate batting below 250 and that guy clearly knows how to bunt. As dumb a decision as that was, after that first bunt attempt Sam should have said "You know what, bunting might be this kid's Achilles heel. Why don't I let him swing away?"

There is just no justification to that decision. If that bunt were successful not only did he take the bat out of Nick's hands, but also out of Miggy's hands as the obvious move after that is to intentionally walk the guy who's three for freakin' three tonight.

I should be in bed but I'm still amazed that our manager attempted a move so stupid.

I don't particularly like him either, and the bunting is incredibly stupid, but firing him right now would be just as idiotic. The bottom line is the manager isn't going to make one bit of difference until the talent-level is upgraded significantly. The players like Sam, he and Leo are a package deal, and giving any manager just 1 year with a team this bad makes no sense.

Well gee... celebrate a win with a petition to fire a manager. Classic OH strategy. :rolleyes:

We're winning in spite of him, not because of him.

That sacrifice bunt attempt really was necessary for us to win tonight, don't you think?

It was a culmination of stupidity for the year and it's a disgrace that a baseball team knows so little about what's smart in baseball.

Don't forget if Perlozzo leaves Mazzone goes with him. I'm not sure if like that idea. I'd give him one more year with an actual bullpen to work with. He's been pretty bad but we could have a lot worse - think Dempsey... :eek:

Mazzone signed a three year deal. He's not going anywhere yet. And just because they fired Sam doesn't mean Mazzone wouldn't want to stick with his hometown team, anyway.

Eh...maybe I don't think he should actually be fired right now. Consider this thread the 'I dislike Sam Perlozzo with a passion petition. Please, Front Office, demand that this man stop sacrifice bunting immediately." Really, I can't understand how it's that hard. 'Sam, we know you have your own philosophy on how the game should be played, but research shows that that was probably one of the dumbest decisions in the history of baseball. Just cool it, or you're free to walk at the end of the year.'

Dear Front Office,

Tell Sam Perlozzo to read Moneyball. Thanks.

Mazzone signed a three year deal. He's not going anywhere yet. And just because they fired Sam doesn't mean Mazzone wouldn't want to stick with his hometown team, anyway.

Yea i am not sure why people keep saying this. Mazzone can't just leave in the middle of his contract unless he retires or has a clause in his contract that he is tied to Sammy P.

Archived