Petition

bryanman8

Yea i am not sure why people keep saying this. Mazzone can't just leave in the middle of his contract unless he retires or has a clause in his contract that he is tied to Sammy P.

True, but I don't think Mazzone would be a happy camper if Perlozzo was sacked. I think making good moves comes with experience. This was Sammy P's first full season managing. Give the guy a break. These things really do take time, especially when the team is in this much flux and at a real crossroads.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What abt bringing Ardoin in for Hernandez as a defensive replacement w the game TIED and his spot coming up in the 10th? What abt planning to bring Chen in against a lineup that has completely torched him this year, e.g. Texeira's 5 home runs in 10 at-bats against him? What abt using a well-rested Ray for only 2/3 of an inning? What abt having Markakis bunt despite tapping him to bat third for the first time this season? One almost wonders if Markakis' poor attempts at bunts were done in resentment against the idiot orders.

True, but I don't think Mazzone would be a happy camper if Perlozzo was sacked. I think making good moves comes with experience. This was Sammy P's first full season managing. Give the guy a break. These things really do take time, especially when the team is in this much flux and at a real crossroads.

I've never managed a baseball team. That goes for little league, high school, college, or any of the professional level. I haven't even played baseball since I was about five years old. And even I know you don't take the bat out of the hands of your hottest hitter to lay down a sac bunt which would be absolutely meaningless. There's simply no justification for such a stupid, stupid call.

Mazzone for manager!

How did Ray miller work out?????

I would have alot of respect for him if he just said , Hey that was a brain fart and i do not think we will do it that way next time. I would imagine that most of the players where thinking what is he doing?

I think it's a joke that all the "armchair managers", sitting in front of their TV's...beer in hand, or their X-Box at the ready....believe they can manage better than Perlozzo. Maybe they should try managing a Little League team first.....:rolleyes:

There were a lot of things in this game that bothered me more than any manager's decision. Like failing to find a way to get a run across the plate with runners in 2nd and third and nobody out. Like failing to score with runners on first and second with nobody out. Like throwing a wild pitch in a critical situation.

I think it's a joke that all the "armchair managers", sitting in front of their TV's...beer in hand, or their X-Box at the ready....believe they can manage better than Perlozzo. Maybe they should try managing a Little League team first.....:rolleyes:

Just because Perlozzo is a major league manager doesn't mean he is impervious to criticism. Bunting with Markakis in that particular situation was so foolish, it shouldn't even be necessary to discuss the reasons.

No, it's not a joke. Sam really did make Nick Markakis bunt tonight in a crucial situation.

OMG!!!!!!

That totally means he should be fired!

Come on guys, Sam likes to play small ball, for better and worse. With Tejada coming up right behind him, the guy who is currently number 3 in the AL in hits and already had 3 hits that night - I would do the same thing. Take one out, get him in position for Tejada who is just as hot, if not HOTTER than Nick right now.

flame a neg rep away

OMG!!!!!!

Come on guys, Sam likes to play small ball, for better and worse. With Tejada coming up right behind him, the guy who is currently number 3 in the AL in hits and already had 3 hits that night - I would do the same thing. Take one out, get him in position for Tejada who is just as hot, if not HOTTER than Nick right now.

flame a neg rep away

Mainly for worse. If Nick successfully bunts, then they walk Tejada anyway. Thankfully Gibbons came through and covered Sam's butt.

OMG!!!!!!

flame a neg rep away

I don't give neg reps, but if I'm reading this correctly...and I think I am...you'd make someone who's scalding the ball since June...bunt?

I'm not going to give you a neg rep, but I will question your baseball knowledge.

I don't give neg reps, but if I'm reading this correctly...and I think I am...you'd make someone who's scalding the ball since June...bunt?

I'm not going to give you a neg rep, but I will question your baseball knowledge.

with a guy that has been scalding the ball since May coming up right behind him, and another guy with who has hits in like 9 of his last 11 games and scalding the ball since he came back fomr the DL?

Im just getting tired of this crap like Ole Hippi said - what does it matter, we won! Im more upset with the fact that Nick couldnt sucessfully get the bunt DOWN. He should be able to do that.

that is a situation you attempt to bunt in, and its not like he had slugs coming up behind him either.

there is method to the madness is all

with a guy that has been scalding the ball since May coming up right behind him, and another guy with who has hits in like 9 of his last 11 games and scalding the ball since he came back fomr the DL?

Im just getting tired of this crap like Ole Hippi said - what does it matter, we won! Im more upset with the fact that Nick couldnt sucessfully get the bunt DOWN. He should be able to do that.

that is a situation you attempt to bunt in, and its not like he had slugs coming up behind him either.

there is method to the madness is all

I'm not saying he should get fired, but the call was boneheaded. You proved it right there, all those guys are ripping the cover off the ball, plus none of them know HOW to bunt.

Palmer nailed it on the head, youngsters don't know how. Nick's form was terrible.

If everyone around including the Rangers broadcasters are jumping up and down wondering whats going on, you gotta sit back and reasses the situation and think that maybe, just maybe, Sam is wrong.

SJ, I know you follow orange and black blindly, but really. Show me a number 3 hitter that gets up to bunt. It just doesn't exist.

Archived