Nolan Reimold now AFL leader in Home Runs

Zanetheo'sfan

Nolan Reimold hit another homerun. Two RBI's so far and a walk, he brought his average up to .242.

He definitely deserves a good look in spring training. He's up to 6 home runs, and it seems they keep on coming. It appears he goes on a lot of hot, and cold streaks, which would be a negative, but I'm still pretty high on him.

Also, Jake Arrieta pitched another scoreless inning increasing his streak to sixteen. In that inning he allowed a walk and a bloop hit that appeared on gameday that it should have been caught.

Does anyone know how many more games there are? Thanks

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nolan Reimold hit another homerun. Two RBI's so far and a walk' date=' he brought his average up to .242.

He definitely deserves a good look in spring training. He's up to 6 home runs, and it seems they keep on coming. It appears he goes on a lot of hot, and cold streaks, which would be a negative, but I'm still pretty high on him.

Does anyone know how many more games there are? Thanks[/quote']

The regular season ends this Thursday. Phoenix (the team our boys are on) has clinched a playoff berth already so they will play for the championship on Saturday.

Good power showing for Reimold but his low BA and high K's worry me.

I'm looking forward to his play in ST and then Probably AAA to begin the year. I hope that he can develop an ability to hit the low and outside pitch, maybe become the fourth outfielder in 2009.
Maybe be the 4th outfielder in 2009? He'll almost certianly be in Baltimore by September of this season if not earlier. And he'll be a regular if he develops.

Maybe be the 4th outfielder in 2009? He'll almost certianly be in Baltimore by September of this season if not earlier. And he'll be a regular if he develops.

Still, if all he turns into is Johnny Gomes, that's not a regular but that's also not a horrible thing. I hope the Orioles find a way to use his talents if he doesn't turn into a star.

Still, if all he turns into is Johnny Gomes, that's not a regular but that's also not a horrible thing. I hope the Orioles find a way to use his talents if he doesn't turn into a star.

Johnny Gomes is a regular on our team and others thet need a DH

His high amount of strikeouts and streakyness worry me. He very well might end up being a very good outfielder, I'm just not putting my money on it. It just seems more likely that he will have trouble finding the consistency needed at the Major League level. Seems in many ways comparable to Larry Bigbie with more power and a better arm. Big, really good athlete with all the tools to be a great player, but never could put all the talent together to become that great player. Just my opinion, and I hope he proves me wrong.

His high amount of strikeouts and streakyness worry me. He very well might end up being a very good outfielder, I'm just not putting my money on it. It just seems more likely that he will have trouble finding the consistency needed at the Major League level. Seems in many ways comparable to Larry Bigbie with more power and a better arm. Big, really good athlete with all the tools to be a great player, but never could put all the talent together to become that great player. Just my opinion, and I hope he proves me wrong.

Maybe he should remind you of a bigbie that can hit. He has exceeded bigbie's OPS by 100+ points at the same age at basically every level, while showing actual ability to hit for power. If Reimold continues to exceed Bigbie's proformance at every level he should win the ROY and be no worse than a solid everyday player in the Majors.

Maybe he should remind you of a bigbie that can hit. He has exceeded bigbie's OPS by 100+ points at the same age at basically every level, while showing actual ability to hit for power. If Reimold continues to exceed Bigbie's proformance at every level he should win the ROY and be no worse than a solid everyday player in the Majors.

I have mentioned this before, but the Orioles have a player on their roster whose minor league performance is similar to Reimold's. As a 21-year old he had a 1.165 OPS in rookie ball. As a 22-year old he had a .924 OPS in low A and an .889 OPS in high A. As a 23-year old he had a .923 OPS in AA. And then he jumped straight to the majors.

His name? Jay Gibbons.

I have mentioned this before, but the Orioles have a player on their roster whose minor league performance is similar to Reimold's. As a 21-year old he had a 1.165 OPS in rookie ball. As a 22-year old he had a .924 OPS in low A and an .889 OPS in high A. As a 23-year old he had a .923 OPS in AA. And then he jumped straight to the majors.

His name? Jay Gibbons.

Is that really a bad thing? If Jay ever could have stayed healthy he would have been a very productive Oriole. Of course he may have had help but when healthy he was very solid. Now if Reimold could stay healthy and put up Gibbons like numbers I would be fine with that and he is a much better outfielder then Jay ever was.

His name? Jay Gibbons.

And he was on roids the whole time...

Is that really a bad thing? If Jay ever could have stayed healthy he would have been a very productive Oriole. Of course he may have had help but when healthy he was very solid. Now if Reimold could stay healthy and put up Gibbons like numbers I would be fine with that and he is a much better outfielder then Jay ever was.

Yeah, I agree that a healthier, better fielding Gibbons-type hitter wouldn't be terrible. It just isn't what a lot of people are hoping for.

Archived