Rasmus

paulcoates

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jones > Rasmus.. wow....
You are really missing the point with all of this.

The Rasmus situation, with the way things are in St Louis and how it has been handled, gpoes much deeper than is he better than.....

The situations aren't remotely close, so there is no reason to compare it.

So for those keeping score at home:

Trade 1:

Edwin Jackson and Mark Teahan to the BJs from the White Sox for Jason Frasor and Zach Stewart.

Trade 2:

Colby Rasmus, Trever Miller, Brian Tallet, and PJ Walters to the Blue Jays from the Cardinals for Edwin Jackson, Mark Rzepczynski, Octavio Dotel, and Corey Patterson.

Trade 3:

Trever Miller to the White Sox from the Blue Jays.

So:

Chicago trades Edwin Jackson and Mark Teahan

Blue Jays trade Jason Frasor, Zach Stewart, Mark Rzepczynski, Octavio Dotel, and Corey Patterson

Cardinals trade Colby Rasmus, Trever Miller, Brian Tallet, and PJ Walters

Chicago gets Jason Frasor, Zach Stewart, and Trever Miller

Toronto gets Mark Teahan, Colby Rasmus, Brian Tallet, and PJ Walters

St. Louis gets Edwin Jackson, Mark Rzepczynski, Octavio Dotel, and Corey Patterson.

Obviously St. Louis loses this deal in the long-term, but short-term it could help them win the division. While I like the Blue Jays getting Rasmus, the price of Stewart and adding Teahan as a salary dump is painful. I might actually give the nod to Chicago for winning the trade by dumping salary and getting a good long term piece in Stewart and someone in Frasor that they could possible flip for more.

If we do nothing thru the trade period or fail to acquire at least one high-impact potential player like Rasmus, I'll be pissed. So, I really won't know how I feel about this until Sunday at 4:01pm. Perhaps MacPhail believes he can do better than Rasmus with what he has to offer or the Cards decided that they prefered what the Jays were able to offer over the O's. I'm sure I'll have a chance to return to this thread come July 31st.

So for those keeping score at home:

Trade 1:

Edwin Jackson and Mark Teahan to the BJs from the White Sox for Jason Frasor and Zach Stewart.

Trade 2:

Colby Rasmus, Trever Miller, Brian Tallet, and PJ Walters to the Blue Jays from the Cardinals for Edwin Jackson, Mark Rzepczynski, Octavio Dotel, and Corey Patterson.

Trade 3:

Trever Miller to the White Sox from the Blue Jays.

So:

Chicago trades Edwin Jackson and Mark Teahan

Blue Jays trade Jason Frasor, Zach Stewart, Mark Rzepczynski, Octavio Dotel, and Corey Patterson

Cardinals trade Colby Rasmus, Trever Miller, Brian Tallet, and PJ Walters

Chicago gets Jason Frasor, Zach Stewart, and Trever Miller

Toronto gets Mark Teahan, Colby Rasmus, Brian Tallet, and PJ Walters

St. Louis gets Edwin Jackson, Mark Rzepczynski, Octavio Dotel, and Corey Patterson.

Obviously St. Louis loses this deal in the long-term, but short-term it could help them win the division. While I like the Blue Jays getting Rasmus, the price of Stewart and adding Teahan as a salary dump is painful. I might actually give the nod to Chicago for winning the trade by dumping salary and getting a good long term piece in Stewart and someone in Frasor that they could possible flip for more.

Contrary to earlier reports, Miller is staying with the Blue Jays, not going to the White Sox.

Jays fan coming in peace.

I am absolutely shocked that we received a former top 5 prospect in the game and a player with the tools to become a top 5 outfielder in the game for scrap pieces and Jason Frasor.

Jays fan coming in peace.

I am absolutely shocked that we received a former top 5 prospect in the game and a player with the tools to become a top 5 outfielder in the game for scrap pieces and Jason Frasor.

Great move by you guys. AA continues to shine. Congrats to you guys on having a team that has a clue as to what they are doing.

Something about this doesn't smell right.

With all of the talks about Beltran and Upton this week, why did Rasmus end up going for this package? It isn't just that the Orioles likely could have beat it (unless they think they can get enough quality and quantity back from Guthrie and Uehara that it wouldn't be worth trading both in this one deal) but that several other teams probably could have as well. So while it seems like a bad move for the Orioles not to try and beat it, the fact that no one else did either makes me wonder whether the personality issues are even worse than suggested.

With all of the talks about Beltran and Upton this week, why did Rasmus end up going for this package? It isn't just that the Orioles likely could have beat it (unless they think they can get enough quality and quantity back from Guthrie and Uehara that it wouldn't be worth trading both in this one deal) but that several other teams probably could have as well. So while it seems like a bad move for the Orioles not to try and beat it, the fact that no one else did either makes me wonder whether the personality issues are even worse than suggested.

It's like I was saying earlier in the thread (last night) he was being seriously overvalued around here. He all but killed his trade value in the last two weeks and has proven himself to be a headache. Guts and Koji would have been a better deal for STL.

There's gotta be something to this given the package he went for.

It's like I was saying earlier in the thread (last night) he was being seriously overvalued around here. He all but killed his trade value in the last two weeks and has proven himself to be a headache. Guts and Koji would have been a better deal for STL.

I don't think many people will agree with this, but there's gotta be something the vast majority don't know.

Archived