• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This came from Roch's blog.

As of now, if we can offer 7 years, we might be able to get him. The Marlins are out, so is Toronto, and Epstein said that they are out if its over 5 years, because they preferred Pujols. For the Nationals, they are focusing their money on a SP and an OF'er (They would have 300+ tied up between Fielder and Werth) plus they have ton of young guys they need to extend (Zimmerman).

So that really leaves the Orioles and Mariners.

Now, the Rangers might feel inclined to go after Fielder since LAA got Albert, but TEX needs to extend Hamilton, and their young players. In fact, Wilson said that he was disappointed by the low offer from the Rangers, but that he understands because they are going to be trying to lock up their younger guys.

Really, I see the Orioles and the Mariners as the landing spots.

Also I don't see the Mariners just shopping Smoak. They have a terrible offense now, so I could see where Fielder and Smoak alternate between DH and 1B.

I still see the Orioles having a shot though...

We might have the perfect storm brewing for JTrea's dream to come true. If we can get Fielder for a decent value I have no problem with signing him. I just don't want to see us get cray.

We might have the perfect storm brewing for JTrea's dream to come true. If we can get Fielder for a decent value I have no problem with signing him. I just don't want to see us get cray.

If we can get him, it would instantly establish credibility to our team and organization over all. Placing him in the 4 hole, calls for a MONSTROUS lineup. Think of how many HR's we could put up (Markakis-15, Adam-30, Prince-45, Reynolds-35, Reimold-20, Wieters-25, Davis-20, Hardy-20) = 210 AT least. Also, with Prince in the MOO, think of how much our team's OBP will go up. Prince has had 5 season over .400!!!

I've said it all along, and I will continue to, once we sing him, we cant stop there. We need to add pitching via trade, and then hopefully next offseason make a run at the FA pitchers, or hope that we have even more prospects to deal at next years winter meetings.

If we add Prince our lineup would be lethal, and I dont think our pitching is that far behind.

Considering that Britton is going through for year two, has all the nerves out, and is ready to go, I can see him being our #2 this year. If Matusz can come back 100% healthy, and put up numbers like he did in the 2nd half of 2010, and Arrieta comes back healthy, we could have the comings of a solid rotation.

Then, I could see us at 85 wins or so.

I've never seen a group of people talk themselves into something being a possibility as well as the collective community of the OH.

The bottom line is that it is obvious how the Orioles could get involved...and, as of right now, the way they could is coming to fruition, at least publicly.

The bottom line is that it is obvious how the Orioles could get involved...and, as of right now, the way they could is coming to fruition, at least publicly.

I think DD has said this ain't happening.... unless you think he might be had below the $20M per mark.. then maybe... but I don't see that as a possibility at all. I think we may take a flyer on Beltran, make a strong push for Darvish, perhaps trade for another SP. But that's about it.

Archived