Hats off to Melvin...

Enjoy Terror

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Melvin Mora did not reach the big leagues until age 27. He did not get get 500 PA in a season until age 29. And he still managed to accumulate 1500+ hits, 171 HRs, and 283 2Bs.

During his tenure with the Orioles from 2001-2009, Mora tallied ~28 fWAR (An average of 3+ WAR per season), and was essentially Brian Roberts' equal over the same span.

Congrats to Melvin on a hard-earned and successful career. Good luck in the future.

I have always admired Melmo. He overcame alot of adversity to become the O's #3 3B all time IMO. He was a boxer, and a soccer player, who went to Asia as a baseball player, then to the Mets, and finally the O's, to become one of their best. A great family guy and community man, and the only active O to show up at Elrod's funeral. I hope he finds a job with the O's in the future. His Venezuala connection could be a big plus. :clap3::hearts::2yay-thumb:

O

...... He was my favorite Oriole when he played for us ........... And the only person that I know (besides myself) that would be crazy enough to have a no-trade clause written into his contract with the Orioles !!! :eek: And it wasn't for any ulterior motive, either. He really wanted to stay in Baltimore and play for the Orioles. Andy didn't even try to trade Mel Mo, because he knew that he would have indeed exorcized the clause. :)

A classy, great player for the O's for many years. He was a beast in his prime. He had it all - defense, speed, power, baserunning, etc.

A first-ballot Orioles HOF'er for sure.

Are you kidding me? This guy was the worst clubhouse presence ever! He constantly went to management to complain and no player ever looked up to him. Good riddance. I hope we don't sign him as a coach. He has a major bad attitude.

Archived