Some notes from Fanfest

Frobby

Just saw the infield panel. Chris Davis has arms like tree trunks. Some woman told Reynolds that sometimes in games it seems like he isn't paying attention. Mark: "do you have a question or are you just dissing me?". I asked Wieters why he did so well as a RHB after doing better as a LHB previously. He didn't really have an answer, just said its funny that way when you're a switch hitter.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bullpen guys

Berken said he came in too thin last year and lost stamina. He's coming in a little heavier and looks good. He says his shoulder is 100 percent.

JJ seems very intelligent. He said that the pitching coach changes were disruptive and continuity is important.

Guest rochester
Dont think Fielder is even a remote possibility now.

Why? from what you have read here - or are hearing on the street?

Please tell us that you come in with a bomb (of info) throw it then leave...

Here is a clip from Markakis, Jones, etc... Towards the end is the question about Markakis and keeping his hands down or up that Frobby asked. Sorry it vut off at the end though and I was shaky with the camera lol.

[video=youtube;jQmY_VGNcxs]

Wow - Now when I read Frobby's posts I can use his voice and not my own :)

Forgot to mention that weams told Eveland he had a friend who thought the trade for him was stupid. But followed up with a question about how he had changed his game last year.

I cannot imagine a scenario in which hearing that kind of secondhand information is pleasant.

Forgot to mention that weams told Eveland he had a friend who thought the trade for him was stupid. But followed up with a question about how he had changed his game last year.
What was Eveland's reaction to the question about the stupid trade?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• If they were going to get rid of Fuller they should have done it a month and a half ago. The issues with our hitting were apparent the whole second half of the season. Maybe a firing or two would have sent a message to the players prior to their postseason fizzle. . 
    • What does Eflin and Jimenez signify? It was a very small addition to the payroll. John Angelos would have approved that, if he needed to approve anything at all.
    • I'm not sure that's quite it.  Well, more importantly, I'm not sure that's quite it for me. I absolutely want to win more in the playoffs.  At this point there's no question that for me I'd live through some lousy seasons if it guaranteed a World Series trophy.  I'd give up a lot for that. But unfortunately it's the weird paradox, especially in baseball, where the games that mean so much in terms of perception actually mean very little.   Just look at some the threads posted on this board in recent weeks. "Do the Orioles need more experience"?  (studies have shown this is not the case) "Maybe they need a certain type of hitter/approach!" (no, studies have shown that's not it either) "They must need to build their bullpen a certain way." (nope) "Well you have to be playing well in September to have a chance in October!"  (very much not true) "It must be those nice white boys need somebody to be a jerk" (OK, no real way to quantify that one :)) The Astros must have the secret sauce, they went to the ALCS a lot of times in a row!  Oh, they lost in the 1st round this year. Study after study after study shows that there is no pattern.  There is no "right" way to do it.  There's no way to predict from year to year which teams will or will not go on the run. If for that crazy 8-9th inning on the day after the season the Mets may not have even made the playoffs.  Now they're the example of guys that can "get it done". It's not an excuse, and frankly it's not really my opinion.  It's reality. I do 100% agree with your last 2 sentences.  I don't know what we've done to so displease the baseball gods.
    • It's definitely a possibility, but I wonder if there is actually something going on between Hyde and some players, would it be smart to bring his potential replacement in and subject him to the problem?    The fans, mostly here are the main source of BB being a manager. He's definitely had some MiL success so it's not unreasonable to assume he will be a manager someday. 
    • I think this is spot on in every way.  But I think the fanbase is somewhat divided on how important playoff success is. Put another way, for you, me, and a lot of folks, the playoffs mean a ton.  41 years with no championship or even a pennant is a real long time, and the narrative of the Orioles since 1983 has gotten extremely old. Even the narrative of this winless recent edition of the Os has gotten old. For other fans, the regular season means much more and winning/losing in the playoffs doesn't carry much weight because of the nature of the tournament.   There is no right or wrong way to be a fan of a team. But I can say that if you told me the next 10 years would involve 9 seasons where we lose 90+ games and 1 season where we win the World Series, I will gladly sign up for that.  I am definitely at that point where that title means everything to me and yes 29 teams go home without the ring each year, but 1 team does get it and that needs to be us. And if we get "lucky" like the Tigers on the path there, then bring it on! If the playoffs are a crapshoot, I am tired of that crapshoot rewarding everyone else.
    • More than once Fredi displayed a lack of control that cost him his job. 
  • Popular Contributors