Matusz Tonight

OFFNY

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I watched the game and thought the pitch to Arencibia was down and just got too much of that plate. I could be wrong. I think he did a good job of keeping his fastball out of the middle of the plate.

Just wanted to get back to you. You were right. The pitch was down, but Wieters set up outside and it caught too much of the plate. As I said though, in my OP, it was a tough AB. It also illustrated what I had mentioned regarding Wieters repeatedly showing him the target down low. Funny thing is, he gets JP to swing and miss at a pitch UP and away early in the count to make it 1-2. Most of the pitches he fouled off were down. I really though watching it again if he hits his spot there he gets a different result.

Blind squirrel, yada yada yada .....

That idiom is a falsity. Blind squirrels don't even try to find nuts. Their family members all pitch in and get the nuts for their sightless brethren. Squirrels are a tight-knit, compassionate group.

It's a bit ironic that we need Brian so badly to win this game tonight. He was horrid last season, and this season, he has ever so gradually improved with each start. Now we're throwing him in with the lions, on the road, after having already lost the first game of the series, and with a record of 0-4 in 2012 so far against the Yankees. A win is needed tonight, not only to improve or record to 15-9, but to give ourselves some much-needed confidence that we can beat these SOB's, and some much-needed credibility in validating our surprisingly good start to this season.

You've got the proverbial puncher's chance tonight, Brian. Do it. We're all in your corner, regardless of the outcome.

Im rooting for Brian. Hard. But this will be a tough task for him. He needs to settle in early and not put runners on. Hughes has been bad too, but he's home with a much better hitting team behind

him.

Agree with this. Matusz's last start was much better, but against a team like NY, he's going to have to be much sharper.

Agree with this. Matusz's last start was much better, but against a team like NY, he's going to have to be much sharper.

True. It seemed like his last start was a pretty significant step forward, hopefully for his confidence too. If nick johnson hadnt let those two runs score it would have been even better for his confidence, but thats not the point. Hopefully he can keep improving and built on his last time out. I think at this point its all about confidence and control for matusz.

Archived