Let's Give Chris Davis Some Credit

Brendan25

I have appreciated Chris Davis' contributions so far, but looking at his .389 BABIP right now and I got to think he's gonna regress soon.

If you're going to have a Vanderbilt University avatar, you're going to have to do better than that. :laughlol: :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many of us would have said that he would DROP balls thrown right at his glove, and not be able to scoop anything in the dirt to help the infielders out?

I like Davis a ton, but he absolutely stinks at first. I would keep him at DH where he can't hurt anybody!

Problem is we have at least three guys who qualify as DH in Betemit, Davis, and Reynolds. I personally think Reynolds could handle LF but we probably won't see it.

Meh, all his hits come in meaningless situations it seems and strikes out a lot in important situiations. Like nearly half his K's are with runners on base. But he is what he is. It's frustrating to see him strikeout so much but it's expected.

His stats with RISP and in Close/Late situations don't bear this out.

• 2 weeks later...

Still LOVING Davis' potential. He isn't 22, but 26 is still a young power hitter. Seems to be thriving in the #3 hole for now. If he continues raking in that slot, it'll be interesting if Buck moves him out of it when Markakis comes back.

I still believe firmly that at this time he should be starting every day, no matter who is pitching.

Still LOVING Davis' potential. He isn't 22, but 26 is still a young power hitter. Seems to be thriving in the #3 hole for now. If he continues raking in that slot, it'll be interesting if Buck moves him out of it when Markakis comes back.

I still believe firmly that at this time he should be starting every day, no matter who is pitching.

If he thrives in the #3 hole I think you leave him there and slide Markakis to the #2 and Hardy to the #6 or #7. This lineup could be real strong if BRob stays healthy and is anything like his former self and if Reimold was actually healthy.

Davis is currently 3rd in he AL in OPS among starting 1b well ahead of stiffs like Pujols, Teixeira, Gonzalez and Morneau. He's currently the best 1b in the AL East and he's making what, league minimum for his service time?

Shouldn't we be ecstatic with his production thus far? :)

The legend of Chris Davis continues to grow.

He's done two things this year I've never seen before - a relief win from a DH / 1b pitching 2 shutout innings and a broken bat Home Run tonight.

Pretty cool stuff.

Archived