Gonna take alot to get Chase Headley

Greg

Is Headley better than Brandon Wood? :)

Not sure how they are related. Headley is an established Major Leaguer, Wood was a prospect. A better comparison would be Schoop to Wood if you are trying to make the case that prospects can crash and burn and we are better off selling high with Schoop. In hindsight the Angels must certainly wish they had done so with Wood.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many people are way too risk-averse when it comes to dealing our players. You have to change your perspective. Imagine we were in contention right now, had Betemit on the bench to take over, and already had Headley on our team. We'd probably have another two wins because of his production, and be sitting half a game back of the Yankees at 43-29. Not a single person on this board would think we'd be better off, either now or going forward, if we could trade Headley to the Padres and get back Tillman, Schoop and Avery.

Loss aversion blurs vision. Clear eyes, strong hearts, can't lose.

What exactly is so attractive about Headley except his OBP?

Plus-defense and solid H/R splits that imply suppressed/hidden value w/ the bat.

Bingo

Chase Headley should be the team's highest priority as "buyers" this summer. A starting pitcher or a LF would be nice, but not unless they fit long term (which they probably won't). Headley will fit long term and thus they should look to get his production more for '13 and '14 than this coming October.

Bingo

Chase Headley should be the team's highest priority as "buyers" this summer. A starting pitcher or a LF would be nice, but not unless they fit long term (which they probably won't). Headley will fit long term and thus they should look to get his production more for '13 and '14 than this coming October.

I totally agree with this. I still would reserve a move for a SP if you were willing to go sign him for the dollars he wanted. Greinke had a number he gave Milwaukee for an extension. Perhaps if you knew Angelos would give him that number, and you were bringing him in to contend it could be a viable picture.

I'm just not ready to rule that chance out for Headley yet.

Not sure how they are related. Headley is an established Major Leaguer, Wood was a prospect. A better comparison would be Schoop to Wood if you are trying to make the case that prospects can crash and burn and we are better off selling high with Schoop. In hindsight the Angels must certainly wish they had done so with Wood.

believe the comparison was meant as humor. At least I found humor in it.

Bingo

I like the idea of Headley as that would make Muchado the SS of the future and Hardy out of the picture.

I've been pretty much against trading away anybody of worth for one year but I think Headley is a different story. We need a decent fielding 3B and some higher OBP. This is my attempt at a crazy baseless trade idea....Britton, Hoes, Gregg for Headley.

These teams asking prices of solid players is getting a little ridiculous. Headley is a solid and worth solid prospects, not top flight youngsters. If it continues to be this way with all the terrible teams then I don't see us making any kind of impact player move and it's a shame but the future is bright for us. It's not worth giving up anyone with potential greatness.

Archived