Tillman

whynot38

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing would surprise me..either way. But the one thing you have to remember is, as much as Tillman was awful in his last start, he

threw nearly 50 pitches in 2/3 of an inning. If he simply cuts it to say, 25 pitches and keeps it a 1 run game theres no telling what

mightve happened. That said, he was all over the place and couldnt command at all.If he can get ahead early and settles in, we might

see a good performance tonight. If he gets shelled, I wonder if this organzation will begin to lose their patience with him.

Well, Roy...you know how the saying goes. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 17 times...

...I actually don't know how the saying ends, but I think the acts it describes are banned in most states that aren't West Virginia.

Still think Tillmans last start was kinda flukey.

Prediction for tonight:

6 1/3 IP

2 R

5 K

2 BB

97 pitches

Me too. He was up with a lot of pitches (which his velocity allows him to...) but made some honey pitches too! Reynolds gloves that ball, or lets the 2Bman glove it... He's out of the 1st down only 1-0.

After that his pitch count doomed him. Hit 97 (or 98... I forget) early. Was down to like 93 after 40 pitches.

Well, Roy...you know how the saying goes. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 17 times...

...I actually don't know how the saying ends, but I think the acts it describes are banned in most states that aren't West Virginia.

See, here is the thing. You weren't fooled this time. August is in 9 days. And the team is Above .500.

Tillman will pitch well or he won't.

But you and your WVA cousins wasn't fooled this time.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qQRcSOvZG6A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

See, here is the thing. You weren't fooled this time. August is in 9 days. And the team is Above .500.

Tillman will pitch well or he won't.

But you and your WVA cousins wasn't fooled this time.

Ah, c'mon...you know how often my eternal, unflinching optimism gets the better of me. Almost as often as spelling and basic hygiene.

CHRIS TILLMAN O(vs. INDIANS 7/21)

IP:O 6.67

H:o. 6

R:O. 1

BB:. 1

SO:. 4

Pitches: 116 (79 Strikes, 37 Balls)

2012 ERA: 1.15

TILLMAN BY INNINGS

18 *

* Tillman retired 2 batters before departing in the 7th inning.

Tillman is a crazy pitcher to predict.

Going back to last year:

7/30 - 4.1IP, 5ER, L

8/6 - 7.0IP, 2ER, W, QS

8/11 - 2.2IP, 6ER, L

7/4 - 8.1IP, 0ER, W, QS

7/16 - 0.2IP, 7R, L

7/22 - 6.2IP, 1ER, W, QS

I guess I can't wait for his next start :rolleyestf:

Tillman is a crazy pitcher to predict.

Going back to last year:

7/30 - 4.1IP, 5ER, L

8/6 - 7.0IP, 2ER, W, QS

8/11 - 2.2IP, 6ER, L

7/4 - 8.1IP, 0ER, W, QS

7/16 - 0.2IP, 7R, L

7/22 - 6.2IP, 1ER, W, QS

I guess I can't wait for his next start :rolleyestf:

It should be easy to predict he will give up 1 earned run or less.

Just watched the replay of the game and Tillman's outing. He had better command of the FB in the zone. Even right after the HR, if you watch Wieters set up he's moving out then back in and Tillman keeps hitting the glove.

The most impressive thing was the CB. Much like the Seattle game he had the sharp 12 to 6 action and the command was better. Not great, but better.

The changeup was there, too, not thrown for many strikes but I thought it was effective when he used it and he got hitters to bite more than once.

He seemed to settle in about the 3rd inning to me and even when he missed his spots it was down which was a very good sign. the only time he didn't miss down was when he was actually ahead in the count 0-2 and Wieters asked for a high FB out of the zone and he wasted a pitch.

A much better outing but of course he needs to be more pitch efficient. It will come.

I understand the apprehension. He has yet to pitch against a terrific team this year unlike Gonzo who has pitched well or very well against three great hitting teams.

Didn't Tillman and Gonzo just pitch against the same team?

Tillman can pitch well against anyone, but can he pitch two gold games in a row? He hadn't done it, at the major league level, since some time in 2009. He's had about 8 excellent starts since then, all followed by a stinker. He needs to show he can be more consistent, and he also needs to show he can hang in there and limit the damage on a day when things really aren't going his way.

Didn't Tillman and Gonzo just pitch against the same team?

Tillman can pitch well against anyone, but can he pitch two gold games in a row? He hadn't done it, at the major league level, since some time in 2009. He's had about 8 excellent starts since then, all followed by a stinker. He needs to show he can be more consistent, and he also needs to show he can hang in there and limit the damage on a day when things really aren't going his way.

I am cautiously optimistic on Tillman. He still pitches up in the zone too much but he is doing better than what Matusz and Arrieta were doing.

Archived