Mark Reynolds OPS is .731...

EagleOriole

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because Reynolds is making $7.5 mm and Davis is making $500 k. If Davis were making Reynolds' salary he'd be judged much more harshly. Also, his HR and RBI stats still carry weight with a lot of people.

I doubt the casual fans who complain about Reynolds the loudest care much about salaries in general. Anyone who believes RBI carry a lot of weight can be referred to simply as "idiots".

I doubt the casual fans who complain about Reynolds the loudest care much about salaries in general. Anyone who believes RBI carry a lot of weight can be referred to simply as "idiots".

The people who complain most about Reynolds are very "old school" for the most part, caring more about BA and K's than OBP. Exactly the group that would consider RBI to have a lot of meaning.

He may not end up with 40. But if he stays hot, 25-30 is quite possible.
Can he get to .800? What would it take?
Roughly a .950-1.000 OPS the rest of the way.
An OPS over 1.000

Sounds silly to say/think at this point in the season, but he's capable of it because of his power and keen eye when he's on. Reynolds can be a devastating offensive power when he's locked in. Hopefully we can rely on him contributing for the stretch run. I'd still keep batting him 7th or 8th though. We get runners on base throughout the lineup, so it really doesn't matter where he hits.

I've been a Reynolds fan since we got him, and have defended him all year. He seems like a cool dude, who you want to see do well. He has solidified 1b, and who would have thought our defensive problems seem to be a thing of the past. Reynolds is more than capable of putting up a 10-15 hr month. I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up in the 30 hr range. Im gonna predict he ends up with 28. And I'll take that in the stretch run. Other than Jones, Mark is the only other guy on this team that can carry this team on his back offensively imo.

Sounds silly to say/think at this point in the season, but he's capable of it because of his power and keen eye when he's on. Reynolds can be a devastating offensive power when he's locked in. Hopefully we can rely on him contributing for the stretch run. I'd still keep batting him 7th or 8th though. We get runners on base throughout the lineup, so it really doesn't matter where he hits.

From May 14 to July 5 last year, a stretch of 46 games, Reynolds had a 1.057 OPS and hit 17 homers. There are 46 games to play, and that is what Reynolds is capable of doing in a stretch that long. Wouldn't it be amazing if he went on a tear like that? This thread would be 1,000 pages long if he did.

He may not end up with 40. But if he stays hot, 25-30 is quite possible.
Can he get to .800? What would it take?
Roughly a .950-1.000 OPS the rest of the way.
An OPS over 1.000
From May 14 to July 5 last year, a stretch of 46 games, Reynolds had a 1.057 OPS and hit 17 homers. There are 46 games to play, and that is what Reynolds is capable of doing in a stretch that long. Wouldn't it be amazing if he went on a tear like that? This thread would be 1,000 pages long if he did.

I hoped that post would kickoff a Frobby Fact Finding Mission (F3M). Nice pull.

It's amazing how good he is when he's good and how bad he is when he's bad. Really the ultimate Luke Scott. (LOL) He could put us on his back and carry us to a Wild Card almost single handedly.

Archived