Mark Reynolds OPS is .731...

EagleOriole

I think the guy has the YIPS. For sure he has it at third. He doesnt seem much better at first. And he has let the horrible defense affect his hitting.

I dont remember off hand a player I have been more frustrated by than Reynolds in 2012. Maybe DCab or Ponson.

What he needs is to be cut by the Orioles in the off season. Or we buy the half million buy out clause and let him be a free agent. The guy needs to decompress. Visit a sports shrink every week of this off season and see if he can fix himself somewhere else.

I cant see a team giving him more than a 750,000-1,250,000 type contract next year. He might even have to sign a minor league deal and show he can still play in AAA.

For me personally if I was a scout of another team I would avoid this guy like the plague.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we are to the point in the season where we have to make a change on Reynolds. I think a platoon of Betemit/Reynolds at 1B works. A platoon of Flaherty/Andino at 3B would be ok with me to end this year. It is a huge defensive upgrade at least. Andino started a nice double play last night early in the game that I doubt Betemit fields cleanly 5 out of 10 times.

Reynolds has become too pull happy. Pitchers have caught on. He won't get hot. He tries to pull everything. In Arizona, he was able to drive the ball to right field. In Baltimore not at all. Anything he hits to right (if he hits it) is a weak popup. I'm not sure if the efforts made to cut down his K's changed his approach from the Dback's to the O's but there is a definite change and the K's aren't really down that much.

As an Oriole, he's hit just 4 HRs of 45 to RF.

2010 with the Dbacks: he hit 10 of 32 HRs to RF

2009 with the Dbacks: he hit 10 of 44 HRs to RF

2008 with the Dbacks: he hit 5 of 28 HRs to RF

2007 with the Dbacks: he hit 4 of 17 HRs to RF.

I think the issue is a player with notable weaknesses at the plate and issues with contact came into the AL East where the best and the brightest minds have slowly picked his game apart.

Then again, he might just suck no matter where he was..

He's not even mediocre, he actually HURTS the team.

He has what, 8 home runs and how many strikeouts? 100+?

He's a joke. He can't defend and he absolutely cannot hit in the clutch. How many strikeouts has he had in clutch at bats where we needed a hit with runners on? 40? 50?

Cut him, bring up Mahoney, send a message. He brings nothing of value to this team.

And this is coming from a guy who actually likes the guy since he is a hometown boy from va beach.

I root for him, the upton brothers, David wright, Ryan Zimmerman, justin verlander, Dan Hudson and Reynolds but enough is enough.....Reynolds is just a flat out terrible baseball player. He needs to go and Mahoney needs a chance because he could be a future contributor.

Reynolds days on this team are numbered and frankly, should have already come to an end.

He's not even mediocre' date=' he actually HURTS the team.

He has what, 8 home runs and how many strikeouts? 100+?

He's a joke. He can't defend and [b']he absolutely cannot hit in the clutch.[/b] How many strikeouts has he had in clutch at bats where we needed a hit with runners on? 40? 50?

Cut him, bring up Mahoney, send a message. He brings nothing of value to this team.

And this is coming from a guy who actually likes the guy since he is a hometown boy from va beach.

I root for him, the upton brothers, David wright, Ryan Zimmerman, justin verlander, Dan Hudson and Reynolds but enough is enough.....Reynolds is just a flat out terrible baseball player. He needs to go and Mahoney needs a chance because he could be a future contributor.

Reynolds days on this team are numbered and frankly, should have already come to an end.

Please provide evidence to support this claim.

Also what lesson would you be sending? Don't suck? All I have heard about Reynolds is that he is a good guy that works hard and cares.

If Reynolds wasn't trying to be something he's not, then Reynolds would be hitting 30-40 Hr's this year. (Minus the injury)

Losing weight. Trying to cut down on the strike outs. Just let the man swing away and eat pizza all day and the HR's would return. But he won't be around next year so it won't really matter unfortunately.

If Reynolds wasn't trying to be something he's not, then Reynolds would be hitting 30-40 Hr's this year. (Minus the injury)

Losing weight. Trying to cut down on the strike outs. Just let the man swing away and eat pizza all day and the HR's would return. But he won't be around next year so it won't really matter unfortunately.

If he does recover, it will be with someone else. The Orioles will clearly buy him out for $500K after the season.

If he does recover, it will be with someone else. The Orioles will clearly buy him out for $500K after the season.

They could still offer him arbitration. But I don't see that happening either unless he finishes like crazy these last two months.

Oh he definitely will recover. I don't have a doubt in my mind. I just find it awesome how certain frauds can suck for years and we hold out hope. Reynolds give you one down year and the pitchforks are out. lol! It's too much!

He really hurt himself, big time. No way will a team let him play third again. He is a 1B or DH now. He will be a good low risk move for someone next year. He has cost himself some serious money.

Oh he definitely will recover. I don't have a doubt in my mind. I just find it awesome how certain frauds can suck for years and we hold out hope. Reynolds give you one down year and the pitchforks are out. lol! It's too much!

Well, I would say it's two straight down years so far if you consider the defense and his offense was below average the year before we got him.

Well, I would say it's two straight down years so far if you consider the defense and his offense was below average the year before we got him.

He just came off a 37 HR season and was pretty much our offense for a long stretch last year. And it's not two straight down years if it was before he came here. lol, come on. Don't reach my dude. lol

Archived