Larry Bigbie is a MAJOR RAT!

blueberryale77

Relax. It's a report, not a naughty list. People like you, and me, and anybody else with a brain will see that for what it is, which is flimsy at best, an account of personal admission that won't hold up at worst. It's not going to cast him in any negative light that wasn't already there from previous allegations from other players.

But we all know that when we assume that people have brains, we end up looking stupid for doing so. I hope Larry Bigbie is completely blackballed by major league baseball. He deserves it.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But we all know that when we assume that people have brains, we end up looking stupid for doing so. I hope Larry Bigbie is completely blackballed by major league baseball. He deserves it.

If it makes you feel any better, I remember reading recently that he was going to play for a team in Japan.

Admissible in court in this instance because the statement by Roberts, though being presented by another, has indicia of reliability because it is an admission of wrongdoing. Lawyer speak.

But is there any evidenciary support?

My attempt at lawyer speak from Legally Blond...

Why are you saying this? At least he had the balls to speak to the investigators, unlike pretty little Brian.

That's ridiculous! He was caught in the Radomski sting and sang to Mitchell to save himself. There is absolutely, positively nothing honorable about that. If he didn't have PROOF against someone who was one of his best friends on the team, he should not have mentioned him. He sold Roberts up a creek, despite not even having evidence against him, in order to protect his own sorry butt!

If he was a party opponent, it's admissible as an admission by a party opponent. It wouldn't matter that it was against his interest.

There's a reason why I wasn't fantastic in Evidence.

Funny, I've weighed in on two topics re: law on here and both are in my weakest fields. Contracts and Evidence.

I need to stick to my strengths.

That said, we're all talking about variations on the same thing.

This will have zero detrimental effect on Brian Roberts.

I don't look at the man any differently whatsoever.

Not so fast. Some people on another forum I post at already are going "wow, the most surprising person on that list is Brian Roberts." They haven't actually READ it yet, so I'm encouraging them to do so, but his public opinion stock outside of Baltimore could take a brief (BRIEF) hit.

Considering the amount of evidence on Clemens, it's bound to be a small hit at that. Wow.

Archived