Larry Bigbie is a MAJOR RAT!

blueberryale77

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe Roberts was named. I mean I expected him to be named, but all they have on him is that Larry Bigbie said something? That's bullcrap. If that's all they have on him, he shouldn't be on the list.

Look people, it's not a LIST.

It's a REPORT.

Mitchell is REPORTING on what he found out.

I suspect Bigbie was actually questioned quite thoroughly about Roberts because of the Grimsley story. When he said he didn't see Roberts do anything or buy anything, he was probably pressed aggressively to say things about Roberts. That's how interrogations work. The questioner knows what he wants to hear and/or believes is true and he does his best to get that answer. I suspect Bigbie didn't want to give up his buddy at first but eventually caved to interrogation techniques. I still blame him though. Ugh! I need a break from this!

Yeah, I know, I was just kidding, should have put a smiley. What a rat. The title of this thread says it all...

I think it's interesting that "the Mighty Cust" is also implicated in this, also connected to Bigbie.

As for Segui, he messed his body up so much with roids, it's no wonder he was Mr. Glass...

Segui's knees were shot both of them. When he was playing for the Orioles he was basically bone on bone in both knees. I think he thought this would help the pain and prolong his career which it most likely did. The steriod he took was to help strengthen joints.

Does seem like he became a kingpin of sorts though!

I can't believe Roberts was named. I mean I expected him to be named, but all they have on him is that Larry Bigbie said something? That's bullcrap. If that's all they have on him, he shouldn't be on the list.

For all of you people acting like Bigbie's statement to Mitchell is insignificant evidence, I pray you're never on one of my juries. I'd never be able to satisfy your standards to convict someone.

Why in the world would Bigbie lie about this? Please, Brian Roberts Lovers of the World, explain to me a reasonable outlook on why he would lie about Roberts.

It's a REPORT.

And again, I know that people on here have the common sense to realize it is a report (I hope). But when the average person has a reading ability equivalent to a seventh grader, how much faith can Brian (or anyone else who may or may not have been unfairly named on te report) have that his good name and reputation will not be dragged through the mud as a result?

As TennOs is saying, this is certainly enough evidence to put Roberts in the report. Its impossible to argue otherwise.

Its also possible to argue that Roberts' demons appear to be far less than most other players in the report. I don't think anybody should immediately start hating him or look at him in any worse light. If you believed before that he had never tried any PEDs then you were incredibly naive or blinded by your admiration of him. I'm just glad he's not one of the guys with the huge dosier's on him and that we should still be able to get a very nice return on him in a trade.

And again, I know that people on here have the common sense to realize it is a report (I hope). But when the average person has a reading ability equivalent to a seventh grader, how much faith can Brian (or anyone else who may or may not have been unfairly named on te report) have that his good name and reputation will not be dragged through the mud as a result?

It's not that, it's this crazy sentiment that someone's name should be left off because "oh, he didn't do it that much," or "there isn't enough 'evidence' to put him on "the list." When it's not a list! It's a report of what this guy found and heard. That's it!

I'm just asking for the people pulling their hair out to put it in it's proper perspective.

It's a REPORT.

But a list is so convenient! We know exactly upon who and who not we should heap our scorn and derision!

Fie upon you, Roger Clemens! George Mitchell has unleashed the truth!

For all of you people acting like Bigbie's statement to Mitchell is insignificant evidence, I pray you're never on one of my juries. I'd never be able to satisfy your standards to convict someone.

Why in the world would Bigbie lie about this? Please, Brian Roberts Lovers of the World, explain to me a reasonable outlook on why he would lie about Roberts.

Why would he talk? Is there a good reason for him to? Was he given some sort of promise? Or did he do it to because that little Jiminy Cricket on his shoulder wouldn't let him deal with the lies anymore?

Perhaps not... but if he remained quiet about it all this time, it makes you wonder why all of a sudden he would spill his guts to Mitchell.

Here's my bottom on line on Roberts: I've always loved the guy myself. I love watching him. I've said that many times here.

But I'm not going to change my beliefs against players using PEDs just because I liked one of the players implicated.

Shame on him, I say.

why is Bigbie a rat? Roberts shouldn't have done it, bottomline.

I'm actually not surprised by this. I mean how do you explain him hitting more homeruns in 2005 (18) than he did from 2001-2004 (12).

Disappointing...

More like how do you explain him returning to Major League baseball not six months after he nearly had his left arm ripped off

Archived