Larry Bigbie is a MAJOR RAT!

blueberryale77

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Um, ya think?!

Honestly, it is highly irresponsible to see Roberts named in here with so little evidence (actually none). All my suspicions about Mitchell's unscrupulousness have been confirmed. They obviously tried to find who Roberts got stuff from and couldn't, or they would have included that information. Bigbie may very well have been telling the truth, but there is simply no proof of that.

Relax. It's a report, not a naughty list. People like you, and me, and anybody else with a brain will see that for what it is, which is flimsy at best, an account of personal admission that won't hold up at worst. It's not going to cast him in any negative light that wasn't already there from previous allegations from other players.

???

Mitchell's report speaks for himself. AFAIK there is not conclusion, only a presentation of evidence collected. Its for the reader to assess credibility.

I agree we can presume the failure to include information means they did not have that information.

Mitchell has not acted irresponsibly, unless I missed the conclusions part.

In fact, that part is very "this is what I was told happened, what I was told by the player in response, what I tried to do, couldn't follow up." Very clinical, even.

According to Bigbie, however, in 2004 Roberts admitted to him that he had injected himself once or twice with steroids in 2003. Until this admission, Bigbie had never suspected Roberts of using steroids.

[report, page 158]

That's it?!

That is nothing, even if it is true. Not even as bad as trying pot in college.

Total BS. On this basis he gets mentioned with all the other "guilty" players?

Absolute completely ridiculous.

Hearsay:

1. Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.

2. Law Evidence based on the reports of others rather than the personal knowledge of a witness and therefore generally not admissible as testimony.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Admissible in court in this instance because the statement by Roberts, though being presented by another, has indicia of reliability because it is an admission of wrongdoing. Lawyer speak.

Archived