Larry Bigbie is a MAJOR RAT!

blueberryale77

What possible respone is there to this? Some people still belive in Micheal Jackson but thankfully now they are getting fewer and fewer. Unconditional love is better used on a relative not on some celebrity you might meet at a fan fair.

If Bigbie was told by Roberts exactly what he says he did what do you want him to do under oath? Decide Roberts is too nice a guy to talk about? Just Segui would be okay or do you want him to lie? Would be easier if he would just of not told everything and had favorites?

I figure I want people who when the going gets tough under oath will TELL THE TRUTH.

Maybe Mitchell shouldn't of published Bigbie's comment being so slim the evidence but having all this anger at Bigbie is misguided.

You misunderstand me

Im just protective of My Perfect One;)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay...it's been a day, so I feel comfortable enough to make this joke...

MAJOR RAT REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIR!

Wedge, you are Larry Bigbie?! :eek: And all this time I thought I liked you... ;)

In other news, Brian Roberts and his agent are still MIA but Mr. "I have credibility because I have used more steroids than anybody" has stepped up to defend him, as has Jim Duquette:

"By far that's the thing that's bothered me the most about the whole entire thing," Segui said today. "[bigbie] threw Brian Roberts' name out on complete hearsay. Calling it hearsay would be giving it more credibility than it deserves. I'm at a loss as to why Brian Roberts' name would come out of his mouth."

The most egregious inaccuracy in the testimony, Segui said, is Bigbie's recollection of a lunch in New York during the 2003 season. Bigbie told Mitchell that he, Segui, Radomski and Roberts dined together and then later Bigbie sat in Radomski's car and watched Segui buy "performance enhancing substances and paraphernalia." Bigbie said Roberts was not in the car at the time.

Segui said Roberts wasn't there at all -- that instead, Segui's son, Cory, then 11, was with them at lunch. Segui added that not only didn't he buy drugs from Radomski that day, but that he didn't purchase anything illegal from Radomski after 2002.

"Brian Roberts has never met Kirk Radomski, at least not in my presence," said Segui, who has admitted to taking steroids and to providing Radomski's contact information to several players who wanted to know more about performance-enhancers. "And I don't know wherever else he would have met him."

He refrained from offering more discrepancies to Bigbie's statements, instead saying he wanted to focus on Roberts.

"I'm not worried about damage control on my part, I don't care about that," Segui said. "What I care about is Brian Roberts. He is the kind of guy you want your daughter to marry. He is the kind of guy you want your son to grow up to be. Leave him out of this [stuff]. He has nothing to do with this."

So which is more insulting... being accused of consorting with Kirk Radomski or being confused with Segui's 11 year old son? :P

Also...

Former Orioles vice president Jim Duquette, who resigned in October, said he was surprised that Roberts was in the Mitchell Report based on the cited evidence.

"I think he has one of the biggest gripes in the report, that his name shows up among other players with specific evidence. There are canceled checks, eye witness reports of injections," Duquette said. "But the sole evidence on Brian is the word of a guy who has been accused of using steroids and recalls one piece of a conversation. I think Brian has the biggest gripe of them all."

The Sun article also quotes a legal expert who points out how difficult it is for a celebrity to sue for defamation.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-segui1214,0,2351222.story

Wedge, you are Larry Bigbie?! :eek: And all this time I thought I liked you... ;)

In other news, Brian Roberts and his agent are still MIA but Mr. "I have credibility because I have used more steroids than anybody" has stepped up to defend him, as has Jim Duquette:

So which is more insulting... being accused of consorting with Kirk Radomski or being confused with Segui's 11 year old son? :P

Also...

Former Orioles vice president Jim Duquette, who resigned in October, said he was surprised that Roberts was in the Mitchell Report based on the cited evidence.

The Sun article also quotes a legal expert who points out how difficult it is for a celebrity to sue for defamation.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-segui1214,0,2351222.story

If Bigbie's allegations are true then I can't imagine that BRob wouldn't just have a press conference and say he indeed tried it once or twice, knows it was wrong and aplologise. If it is not true, then to come out and strongly deny it, is to accuse Bigbie directly or indirectly of being a liar. That doesn't seem to be something BRob is likely to do to a fellow player. This is his dilemma IMO.

If Bigbie's allegations are true then I can't imagine that BRob wouldn't just have a press conference and say he indeed tried it once or twice, knows it was wrong and aplologise. If it is not true, then to come out and strongly deny it, is to accuse Bigbie directly or indirectly of being a liar. That doesn't seem to be something BRob is likely to do to a fellow player. This is his dilemma IMO.

If the allegations are true and he admits it, he might risk sanctions from MLB that they currently couldn't impose due to lack of evidence. Presumably they'll establish guidelines for punishment which will exclude use in 2003, at which time, it would make a lot of sense to come forward and admit to starting a cycle and stopping out of guilt, or whatever else would lead to one or two injections. I think right now everybody is just kind of waiting, gaging how people react, etc. The national media has been doing a pretty decent job of defending Brian without him saying anything. He may be better off waiting until he can get his thoughts together and his lawyer can check everything out. He could always say Bigbie was mistaken, or that he lied to Bigbie for some reason. He probably has to be careful about criticizing Mitchell though for fear of repercussions from MLB.

If the allegations are true and he admits it, he might risk sanctions from MLB that they currently couldn't impose due to lack of evidence. Presumably they'll establish guidelines for punishment which will exclude use in 2003, at which time, it would make a lot of sense to come forward and admit to starting a cycle and stopping out of guilt, or whatever else would lead to one or two injections. I think right now everybody is just kind of waiting, gaging how people react, etc. The national media has been doing a pretty decent job of defending Brian without him saying anything. He may be better off waiting until he can get his thoughts together and his lawyer can check everything out. He could always say Bigbie was mistaken, or that he lied to Bigbie for some reason. He probably has to be careful about criticizing Mitchell though for fear of repercussions from MLB.

If it is true and he comes out and admits to using steroids and apologizes- regardless of any punishment by MLB (I doubt he will get any meaningful punishment) he will win BIG in the court of public opinion.

The public is beyond ready for one of these guys to act like an adult and take responsibility.

He would become the poster child for doing the right thing. Possibly that would open the floodgates and the rest of them will follow his example or get further ridicule.

If it is true and he comes out and admits to using steroids and apologizes- regardless of any punishment by MLB (I doubt he will get any meaningful punishment) he will win BIG in the court of public opinion.

The public is beyond ready for one of these guys to act like an adult and take responsibility.

He would become the poster child for doing the right thing. Possibly that would open the floodgates and the rest of them will follow his example or get further ridicule.

I don't disagree with that, but I think he could wait a few days for his lawyer to determine whether MLB is going to punish players for transgressions in 2003 before apologizing and still maintain almost the same amount of goodwill. If a few days turns into a few weeks, that could be a misstep.

I wouldnt admit anything until I was traded. Roberts seemed kind of excited about a trade to the Cubs when he was on the Anita Marks show two/three days ago. He wants to win and he aint getting any younger.

And he is an awfully nice guy.

Archived