Red Sox Place Adrian Gonzalez On Trade Waivers

Greg

I swear to god this year has been so bad with respect to fans not understanding the August waiver process.

That isn't the issue here. Bobby V versus the ownership and the players. Who is in charge? It is like Baltimore in that mess of a baseball town.

I think there is a very good chance (despite what Jim Bowden says), he is traded.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steve Berthiaume ‏@SBerthiaumeESPN

Wow. #RedSox #Dodgers from @GordonEdes: RT/working on deal that send AGon, Crawford, Beckett & Punto to LA. Hurdles remain, but closing in.

Well that would be ridiculous. The Dodgers are willing to take on a ton of money, I guess.

Steve Berthiaume ‏@SBerthiaumeESPN

Wow. #RedSox #Dodgers from @GordonEdes: RT/working on deal that send AGon, Crawford, Beckett & Punto to LA. Hurdles remain, but closing in.

Gosh, I am so tired of people not understanding waivers, I am so smart and everyone is so stupid:)

On a serious note, Times are a-changing in Boston....

JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm

If the Dodgers take the entire financial exposure of Crawford& Beckett from the Red Sox...then it is a no-brainer if they have to incl AGone

Wow, thanks a lot LA. Just letting the Red Sox escape from under several bad deals. This could help the Red Sox turn it around a lot faster.

Wow, thanks a lot LA. Just letting the Red Sox escape from under several bad deals. This could help the Red Sox turn it around a lot faster.

I agree that this could help them get out from under some awful deals pretty easily but this would also signal a huge rebuilding process that could take a number of years. If they decided to go all in and trade a few more of the vet pieces Pedroia, maybe Lester, they really wouldn't be left with much more than Ellsbury and Middlebrooks in terms of prime talent at the MLB level

I agree that this could help them get out from under some awful deals pretty easily but this would also signal a huge rebuilding process that could take a number of years. If they decided to go all in and trade a few more of the vet pieces Pedroia, maybe Lester, they really wouldn't be left with much more than Ellsbury and Middlebrooks in terms of prime talent at the MLB level

Depends if they have some good pitching. Rebuilding or not, you know Boston will sign a good starter or two if needed.

Archived