The Seattle Series and Lack of Sleep

Art Wing

I feel slightly guilty for bringing this up but it's two hours before our first 10:15 start time of three and I'm already at odds with how delirious I'm going to be much of this week at work.

If I go to bed at midnight I'll only be partially sleep deprived but we all know it would be humanly impossible to just turn the game off considering the gravity of it all. In bed at 115ish and I'll be completely incoherent.

Any other folks at odds with the three consecutive 1015 start times? Any brave souls want to admit they plan on turning off the game at a reasonable hour so I may reconsider my foolishness?

:002_ssleepy:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel slightly guilty for bringing this up but it's two hours before our first 10:15 start time of three and I'm already at odds with how delirious I'm going to be much of this week at work.

If I go to bed at midnight I'll only be partially sleep deprived but we all know it would be humanly impossible to just turn the game off considering the gravity of it all. In bed at 115ish and I'll be completely incoherent.

Any other folks at odds with the three consecutive 1015 start times? Any brave souls want to admit they plan on turning off the game at a reasonable hour so I may reconsider my foolishness?

:002_ssleepy:

It's ok to sleep. it's not like it will be another 14 years before you follow a competitive team in September.

I don't know how I will get through this. Usually I give up on the weeknight West Coast games at 11:30 or midnight. And I'm tired now, and the game hasn't even begun. But these games are too important to go to sleep not knowing the outcome.

And we are of the vintage that this might be our last grande stand.

What I hate about west coast trips is waiting all freaking day long for the game. An extra three hours wait is killer. I'm trying to pass time by watching Orioles Classics on MASN. Hopefully Tillman can pitch as well as Rick Sutcliffe did on opening day 1992.

Boston just went ahead of the Rays. It won't matter if anyone wants to sleep instead of rooting for Chris Tillman coming off his injury. We will probably still win even without the will of a region hanging on his every pitch.

Archived