Vs. Rays 10/1

waroriole

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This wasn't the time to be showing confidence in Chen. This was the time to pull a guy who has crashed and burned hard in late innings repeatedly when runners get on. There's a ridiculous amount of pitchers in the bullpen, use them. Every pitch matters.

I'm sorry... did YOU win 92 games with a share of the lead for 1st place in the east... or did Buck? :rolleyestf:

I'm guessing buck hit some home runs as well? He's a good coach... but has made some really bad decisions.. Lets leave it at that.

I question how some of you are going to survive the playoffs. It's baseball, you can't win every game.

You can afford to lose in the playoffs, you cant really afford to lose when you need to win the division and the yankess are playing the redsox. moreover, our success all year has come in winning the games we had a shot to win. we were tied in this one but poor managment cost us.

Whats worse, is that he didn't even get Ayala up until two batters into the 7th.

Yeah, that's Buck's M.O. Chen had not thrown that many pitches, but if I'm Buck, my bullpen is up once my starter hits the 7th inning. Any problems and I go matchup baseball.

That inning sucked up one side and down the other. Manny killed them with the error and I didn't like Chen coming out for that inning to begin with. There's so many guys in the bullpen. I don't understand it. These games mean so much Buck can't be worried about abusing the bullpen.

Didn't they say something earlier about Gimenez hitting like .340 against lefties, and like .106 against righties? That inning is on Machado, but you just can't leave Chen in there for that last batter.

I agree about taking him out but they probably pinch hit Joyce for Giminez

Rays will not be denied a playoff spot. I won't be surprised if they take all 3 games.

STOP! If this is some sort of reverse jinx, then pick a smiley face to put next to it. If it isn't (and I'm not just talking about you), then just leave it alone. This team has figured out a way all year.

I don't understand the pleasure that some people take in declaring how bad their own freaking team, manager, pitcher, etc. are. Like some sort of a masochistic tendency.

Yeah, that's Buck's M.O. Chen had not thrown that many pitches, but if I'm Buck, my bullpen is up once my starter hits the 7th inning. Any problems and I go matchup baseball.

Is it me or does Buck do this more with Chen then the other pitchers? This is the third or fourth time I can remember it with Chen.

Archived