Tillman to start 162

Can_of_corn

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think by saving Tillman that we are giving up on tonight. I just think we are saving our best for the meaningful game. Whether we win or lose tonight, we still have at least 1 game to play to get to the big dance. Yanks get Dice-K and we get Hellickson who is nasty at the Trop. I'd rather take my chances with the #2 option tonight and give ourselves the best option when it means the most.

I'd like to have our best lefty available for Oak or NY and our best righty available for Texas

Mel Antonen ‏@MelAntonen

#Orioles might start Britton tonight in St. Pete instead of Tillman, depending on A's-Rangers.#MLB

Eduardo A. Encina ‏@EddieInTheYard

#Rays are posting two lineups because #Orioles have told them they're deciding at 5:30/6 between starting Tillman or Britton tonight.

Brittany Ghiroli ‏@Britt_Ghiroli

Orioles wanted to make sure Steve Johnson came thru his pen OK. If not they coulda gone Britton. Tillman will start tonight

Brittany Ghiroli ‏@Britt_Ghiroli

If the #orioles play tmrw Steve Johnson is an option as is Joe Saunders on short rest.

Britt's now reporting that Tillman will get the start and that we were just making sure Steve Johnson made it through his bullpen alright.

Which I suppose is indication that SJ will start in case of a tiebreaker?

That's what it sounds like. Maybe Johnson would even start on Friday instead of Saunders if there isn't a play-in game tomorrow?

That's what it sounds like. Maybe Johnson would even start on Friday instead of Saunders if there isn't a play-in game tomorrow?

Not a good idea. I love Johnson but that's a do or die game. Look at what is happening w/the A's starting a rookie today. I think you go w/the Vet here. Keep him on a short leash

Archived