Tillman to start 162

Can_of_corn

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't risk burning your best starter on a potential meanlingless game. Even if we win the Yankees have to lose. Then we have to burn another arm in the tiebreaker. If we win we are in the hole. If we lose then it's just a freaking wild card game with an unreliable arm. Just saddle up. Take Tillman to Oakland Friday in that massive ballpark and have them pop up all game. Win and call it a day and go win the World Series.

Why do people keep acting like this is a meaningless game? It's not! We control our own destiny in regards to whether we get a home playoff game or not. To me, that's HUGE.

Can you imagine how fired up the crowd will be at Camden Yards for the first playoff game in 15 years? I think the Orioles will feed off that energy and run away with the game. I think playing Oakland or Texas at home versus the road would be a huge plus on our side, and it's worth running Tillman out there today for it.

Why do people keep acting like this is a meaningless game? It's not! We control our own destiny in regards to whether we get a home playoff game or not. To me, that's HUGE.

Can you imagine how fired up the crowd will be at Camden Yards for the first playoff game in 15 years? I think the Orioles will feed off that energy and run away with the game. I think playing Oakland or Texas at home versus the road would be a huge plus on our side, and it's worth running Tillman out there today for it.

I'd rather have Tillman on the road than some than the alternative.

I think Hammel is a real possibility to start the WC game. I know Buck said that the earliest he would pitch is Saturday, but I have a feeling that Hammel is going to strongly urge Buck that he is ready to go on Friday.

In his last bullpen session, Adair emphasized that his stuff looked fantastic. So I think he's ready to go.

I'd rather have Tillman on the road than some than the alternative.

I disagree. Saunders is a fine option, especially if we somehow end up in Oakland.

Plus what if the Yankees lose tonight, and we've wasted a game just because we wanted to save Tillman?

I just don't get this loser's mentality. We should go all out today, and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

I think Hammel is a real possibility to start the WC game. I know Buck said that the earliest he would pitch is Saturday, but I have a feeling that Hammel is going to strongly urge Buck that he is ready to go on Friday.

This would be an awesome devolopment, if true. Fingers are crossed...

Can someone explain to me some of the love for Arrieta? He has not been any better out of the pen than he was as a starter, and he was lousy as a starter. I'm certainly not giving up on him for next year and beyond, but he is done for this year as fas as I'm concerned.

Archived