Tillman to start 162

Can_of_corn

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will go on record and say Saunders doeant get out of the 4th inning and gives up 5 ER.

Why? So you can say I told you so on the off-chance you're right? He's failed to make it out of the 4th inning exactly zero times as an Oriole and two times all season long.

You can't not pitch Tillman even if you think you are wasting him if you are Buck. Since Spring Training he and the team has preached the goal to be to win the division never once did he or team mention wild card. I doubt the Red Sox win tomorrow but the way he has motivated the team to win the division as the goal you have to go for it. It would be a horrible decision to say to the team hey great job for 161 games we are throwing in the towel even though a Yanks loss and we would tie for the division. If the team goal was to win the division all season long that is what you stride for unless u are mathematically out. Could you imagine being a player and the manager has said the goal was to win the division and on game 162 he changes his mind then maybe the Red Sox win the game what would they be thinking. We could have won the division if we kept going for it. The team motto all season long has been next man up and that is what they will continue to do. Tillman pitches and then Saunders or whoever pitches Thursday or Friday. This team has been positive all year unlike many of the fans that always think we are going to loose. We have won 93 games this is not the same Orioles team as the past they are thinking and playing positive it time for the fans to back them with how they played the WHOLE 162 Season.

Saunders pitching at home to the A's is fine. He should give the team a decent chance to win. If it's the Rangers in HR happy Camden, that scares me.

Root for Texas tonight.

PS: I do kind of wish this game wasn't meaningful for anything so they could give Britton a start and see if he's worked through some of his issues. I know his last two starts were rough, but his 4 starts before that were brilliant. Would have been nice to give him a test start down the stretch because it's looking like they could use him in the postseason with Steve Johnson possibly injured. I'd at least try to give him an inning or two out of the bullpen for mop-up duty if the situation arises. The guy's been completely shut down for 3 or 4 weeks now...

I think Saunders can step up and pitch our elimination game. People forget he's our only SP option that has any playoff experience (not counting Hammel), he'll probably give up a couple runs, but I think our offense can hang, and we know our bullpen can shut it down, any SP we put out there is going to be on a short leash I'd assume.

I think Saunders can step up and pitch our elimination game. People forget he's our only SP option that has any playoff experience (not counting Hammel), he'll probably give up a couple runs, but I think our offense can hang, and we know our bullpen can shut it down, any SP we put out there is going to be on a short leash I'd assume.

The fact that we're not facing Price (rays) or Weaver (Angels) makes it a little less imperative that the O's start a top-of-the rotation guy for the WC game.

Would still rather see Tillman up against Darvish or Millone (looking like the likely starters), but at least you have a prayer of hanging a few runs on those guys as opposed to Price/Weaver. Saunders will definitely have to bring his A game on Friday no matter who it is.

You can't not pitch Tillman even if you think you are wasting him if you are Buck. Since Spring Training he and the team has preached the goal to be to win the division never once did he or team mention wild card. I doubt the Red Sox win tomorrow but the way he has motivated the team to win the division as the goal you have to go for it. It would be a horrible decision to say to the team hey great job for 161 games we are throwing in the towel even though a Yanks loss and we would tie for the division. If the team goal was to win the division all season long that is what you stride for unless u are mathematically out. Could you imagine being a player and the manager has said the goal was to win the division and on game 162 he changes his mind then maybe the Red Sox win the game what would they be thinking. We could have won the division if we kept going for it. The team motto all season long has been next man up and that is what they will continue to do. Tillman pitches and then Saunders or whoever pitches Thursday or Friday. This team has been positive all year unlike many of the fans that always think we are going to loose. We have won 93 games this is not the same Orioles team as the past they are thinking and playing positive it time for the fans to back them with how they played the WHOLE 162 Season.

Well said! All year we've heard the team talk about the approach of "one game at a time" and they have been very successful. Why change that based off the five different scenarios that are out of their control?

The fact that we're not facing Price (rays) or Weaver (Angels) makes it a little less imperative that the O's start a top-of-the rotation guy for the WC game.

Would still rather see Tillman up against Darvish or Millone (looking like the likely starters), but at least you have a prayer of hanging a few runs on those guys as opposed to Price/Weaver. Saunders will definitely have to bring his A game on Friday no matter who it is.

Darvish has 8 QS's in a row... He's pitching like Weaver or Price.

We have won two-thirds of our games for nearly two months. How is it that not starting Tillman today is "throwing in the towel"? Give me a break.

Our season is NOT on the line today.

Darvish has 8 QS's in a row... He's pitching like Weaver or Price.

But he did give up 9 hits and a home run in his last start vs the Angels when the pressure was on. Also some of those QS were against offensively-challenged teams like Seattle. And it's still different for a guy to be doing it for a month or two vs the entire season. Just sayin'

IN the who to root for category - It really comes down to the pitcher we would be facing

I think if the Rangers lose we get Darvish. If the A's win we probably get Millone although they could go to Parker on short rest or Staily who seems like a spot starter kind of guy.

Millone has been very hit or miss recently giving up plenty of hits. Three of the last seven starts he hasnt made it through five and lasted only through 6 in all of them.

Darvish has been very impressive in the last 7. Going a minimum of 6.2 innings and never giving up more then 3 er's.

I'd much prefer to face the A's and Millone.

We have won two-thirds of our games for nearly two months. How is it that not starting Tillman today is "throwing in the towel"? Give me a break.

Our season is NOT on the line today.

We have one nearly two thirds of the games i realize that but what does that have to do with tonight. Saying what we have done for the last two months means nothing because if Tilllman doesn't start then you are starting one guy that hasn't started any game during those two months. If it was a choice between Tillman and Suanders or Chen maybe your reasoning makes a little sense. It may not be throwing in the towel completely but it sure seems that way with the choices that would have to start.

The choices we have to start the game are Tommy Hunter 4-8 5.71 Zach Britton 5-3 5.16 Brian Matusz 5-10 5.42 Jake Arrieta 3-9 6.13 as a starter 17-30 for those 4 as starters for this season. They have almost half the losses on the season as starters then the entire team.

Archived