"Enter Detroit at your own Risk" Police handing out flyers at Detroit Tigers game

CA-ORIOLE

So, Detroit police were handling out "Enter Detroit at your own risk" flyers to fans at the Tigers game this weekend. Basically it was the police (most likely supported by their unions) doing this on their own and the flyers were heavily laced with scare tactics and pro-unon language. Gotta be a great boost for Detroit tourism.

No matter what your politics, I think that's some pretty crazy stuff.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2012/10/attention_enter_detroit_at_you.html

So, Detroit police were handling out "Enter Detroit at your own risk" flyers to fans at the Tigers game this weekend. Basically it was the police (most likely supported by their unions) doing this on their own and the flyers were heavily laced with scare tactics and pro-unon language. Gotta be a great boost for Detroit tourism.

No matter what your politics, I think that's some pretty crazy stuff.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2012/10/attention_enter_detroit_at_you.html

I can see Robocop there in the very near future. :)

I was just there two weeks ago. Its a shame what has happened to that city. Driving through the streets, the city architecture is truly beautiful, and the area around Comerica Park and the Fox theater is spectacular. But, the city is so dirty and falling apart. All the beautiful buildings are in severe need of maintenance. And the homeless population is absurd. Unlike Baltimore, the homeless in Detroit are allowed to troll you from street to street. Its VERY creepy, and after my first visit there a few years ago, I now try to stay in my hotel whenever possible.

All that said, I attended a game at Comerica last summer (2011) and the ballpark is tremendous! The Tigers played Oakland I believe, and the usher saw my Orioles polo and said, "wrong team pal." And I replied, "hey, at least I have your colors on!" He got a chuckle out of that and the rest of the game was grand.

Archived