Mariners announce they've acquired Robert Andino

Greg

Can't complain about this trade. The Orioles have a pretty good history with guys named Robinson. :)

That said, Trayvon has no shot at the everyday LF job, nor should he. At best, he'll serve the Endy Chavez role. At worst, he won't make the team out of camp and will be waived or outrighted to the minors.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orioles acquired OF Trayvon Robinson from the Mariners for INF Robert Andino.

Robinson, 25, has a .215/.272/.330 batting line and a 104/22 K/BB ratio over his first 319 plate appearances in the majors. While he has been a disappointment so far, the Orioles did well to get him in return for Robert Andino, who was a non-tender candidate.

Nov 20 - 1:25 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/6036/trayvon-robinson

I have always been a big fan of Andino, as he has been one of my favorite Orioles over the last few years... but I just feel like his time as an Oriole had come to an end.

He went from being a fiery 'nugget' to a guy that just seemed lost at the plate and appeared to be frustrated with his role.

And when you're looking at somewhere around $1.3M in salary, it was time to cut bait.

Like some others have said, to get a pre-arb talent in Trayvon Robinson is a pretty good get for Andino.

I like this trade. We were dead last in stolen bases, so I gotta imagine that he is probably the last guy off of our bench. With Roberts healthy (hopefully), Andino was gonna get squeezed out. Between Casilla and Robinson this gives us some speed off the becnh late in games which we flat out didnt have this year. We were dead last in stolen bases in the ML last year

If Trayvon Robinson steals 10 bases in his Orioles career I'll be stunned. He's a terrible hitter and a break-even basestealer.

Roch says DD says Robinson is not instead of McClouth:
Evidently, Trayvon carries a decent OPB and can steal a base. Felix never showed that.

I would certainly hope DD knows Trayvon isn't anything like a replacement for McLouth. Robinson's mid-range projection would be something like McLouth's playing-my-way-out-of-baseball years. Robinson's major league OBP is .272, and is coming off a year where he posted a .331 as a 24-year-old repeating the PCL. I have to squint real hard to see him as a major league player.

I would certainly hope DD knows Trayvon isn't anything like a replacement for McLouth. Robinson's mid-range projection would be something like McLouth's playing-my-way-out-of-baseball years. Robinson's major league OBP is .272, and is coming off a year where he posted a .331 as a 24-year-old repeating the PCL. I have to squint real hard to see him as a major league player.

I had hoped that he had more upside.

You know you have to talk up the guy you just acquired.

I lol'd for second just because two weeks ago in honest discussion with one of my buddies i've predicted that andino is going to be part of Mariners very soon. Wish him the best. I really appreciate his glove.

I wonder if the M's will give Andino a shot as the starting SS. Ackley looks pretty entrenched at second and although Ryan is the best defensive ss in baseball, his hitting is just horrible.

I Robinson's major league OBP is .272, and is coming off a year where he posted a .331 as a 24-year-old repeating the PCL.

Saying he was repeating the PCL is accurate, but misleading. It implies he did poorly in the PCL in the previous year and that is why he was back there. He hit well enough in the PCL in 2011 to be penciled in as a 4th outfielder for the Mariners. Perhaps this is why he struggled in 2012.

Archived