GAME THREAD: #1 Notre Dame vs. #2 Alabama

OFFNY

I've never understood conference pride. I hope Michigan and Ohio State lose by 50 every time they play.

Alabama is the better team in this game, but they're also badly outplaying Notre Dame. I can understand Alabama controlling the line of scrimmage, but this tackling is just pitiful.

I think some of it is a southern pride type thing. We get looked down upon by all those yanks so when one of our own is better than you it makes the region feel good about themselves.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good teams find a way. UGA didn't choke. They couldn't stop Bama.

Yeah, as a Gator fan, I would like to think that we SHOULD have beaten Georgia this year, but we lost. Would some people say we choked? Maybe, but a loss is a loss is a loss and we didn't do what we had to do to win.

That Alabama team was incredibly talented; hats of to them. Wow!

Incredible season for ND! Really excited by the director Kelly has the program headed. Big wins against Stanford, USC and Oklahoma this year -- a year that many thought would at best be a six or seven win season. Plus, my wife and I finally got to take a nice long trip to Ireland in August and enjoyed the opening game of the year! Can't wait for 2013; congrats again to 'Bama.

Archived