GAME THREAD: #1 Notre Dame vs. #2 Alabama

OFFNY

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is ND 12-0? They look like Ole Miss out there.

That's just a reflection of the dominance of the SEC. Even though SEC pride has taken a hit this bowl season, this makes up for a lot of it. Can't argue with 7 straight.

That's just a reflection of the dominance of the SEC. Even though SEC pride has taken a hit this bowl season, this makes up for a lot of it. Can't argue with 7 straight.

It's part of it, but ND looks like a team that should be playing in the Meineke Car Care Bowl. They can't tackle, can't pass block, can't get off blocks on defense. They beat some good teams this year (Stanford, Okla), but they look like they have no business out there tonight.

It's part of it, but ND looks like a team that should be playing in the Meineke Car Care Bowl. They can't tackle, can't pass block, can't get off blocks on defense. They beat some good teams this year (Stanford, Okla), but they look like they have no business out there tonight.

I really wasn't that impressed with NDs schedule this year. Their games reminded me of my Gators, where they just kept winning, just barely, and not convincingly. The difference being Florida had the most difficult SOS in the country. Florida a luck ran out last week, and NDs tonight.

In all honesty, I think Oregon was the only threat to Bama this year outside the SEC. They are the only other team in the country that can keep up with the SEC speed and depth. History would agree as they are the only team to ever actually threaten an SEC team in the title game during the current streak.

I've never understood conference pride. I hope Michigan and Ohio State lose by 50 every time they play.

Alabama is the better team in this game, but they're also badly outplaying Notre Dame. I can understand Alabama controlling the line of scrimmage, but this tackling is just pitiful.

I've never understood conference pride. I hope Michigan and Ohio State lose by 50 every time they play.

I find it a really interesting phenomenon. I wish someone more intelligent than I would take a real look at the concept.

For me, I think a lot of it stems from the BCS streak. As a Florida fan, anytime another SEC does well out of conference, it further validates Floridas success within the conference. If Florida loses during the season, SEC success helps ease that pain as we can consistently point to the fact that we play in the toughest conference week in and week out.

I still want to see teams like UGA and LSU and Bama beat up on each other, but when it comes to out of conference, their success further validates the challenge of the SEC compared to every other conference out there.

Archived