Reimold: The Look in His Eye

srock

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love spring training.

Is this the batter's equivalent to the ball looks good coming out of his hand.

LOL. My thoughts exactly. A guy has a "look in his eyes" and is immediately penciled as the full-time DH, MOO bat we've been looking for all winter.

I think that would be stating the obvious.

I belive Mclouth will be in LF since he is a great option as a leadoff hitter and has defensive value.

I thought his reasoning behind signing with the Os was he wanted to be able to prove that 2012 was not a fluke. He probably could have signed a bigger deal but would have been a 4th OF'er somewhere else and he did not want that.

No way to know for sure. He certainly won't be sharing the information.

If the O's had not given him a chance last year McLouth would be a non-roster invitee with a minor league deal this spring. I do not think what he did for the O's changed the perception of him so much that he turned down significantly better offers to stay in Baltimore.

No way to know for sure. He certainly won't be sharing the information.

If the O's had not given him a chance last year McLouth would be a non-roster invitee with a minor league deal this spring. I do not think what he did for the O's changed the perception of him so much that he turned down significantly better offers to stay in Baltimore.

They may have not been better deals but just longer terms. DD knew he may have had other options but he wanted to come back, once Buck called him it was done deal.

I think Nate will play LF against RH pitching and against lefties that are not particularly difficult on LH hitters.

In other words, I think you're going to see alot of Nate. And alot of Nolan at DH. The reality is Reimold has not been able to stay healthy and he's not a good a defender anyway. He got injured playing defense last year.

I like him at DH as well. This competition will tell us a lot about what we have going forward. If Nate looks like he can play like he did going down the stretch last year, then he's a good option going forward.

The injury bug thing definitely should be considered. If Nolan looks that good, like he has many times in the past, the key is going to be keeping him healthy all season. The best way to accomplish that would be batting him as the DH.

I love spring training.

Is this the batter's equivalent to the ball looks good coming out of his hand.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm waiting for the first article that says Alexi Casilla spent the whole season at some facility in Arizona running through a Olympic pool pulling an 1850s farm plough, and is ready to break out with 45 homers.

Eye of the Tiger is great. Unfortunately he will have to avoid the injury bug. I don't think a single person would doubt Nolan's ability with the stick.

Well, he is 29 with a career MLB OPS under .800. I think he can hit, but I'm not going to pencil him in as the AL All Star DH just yet. Even if you can guarantee he's healthy.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm waiting for the first article that says Alexi Casilla spent the whole season at some facility in Arizona running through a Olympic pool pulling an 1850s farm plough, and is ready to break out with 45 homers.

Ain't Spring Training grand!

Career splits RHP Nate .793 OPS, Nolan .804, Wilson .824. Good options. If Nate can maintain his level of play against RHP he will be the primary LF because of his defense and baserunning. Nolan will have to step it up to take AB away from Betemit at DH. I think he will. I am looking for an .830 OPS and 25 HR from him in 500 PA. And they don't want Betemit to get more than 300 PA if they can help it.

These kinds of statements, even if paraphrased, always crack me up. Have you ever heard a coach on the first day of spring training say, "You know what, there something in his eye this year that just makes me think he's going to have a terrible year."

Gotta love early spring training where everyone is in the best shape of their career, feels better than ever, and where the ball just comes out of the hands really well. :D

These kinds of statements, even if paraphrased, always crack me up. Have you ever heard a coach on the first day of spring training say, "You know what, there something in his eye this year that just makes me think he's going to have a terrible year."

Gotta love early spring training where everyone is in the best shape of their career, feel better than ever, and where the ball just comes out of the hands really well. :D

Very true. People act like Buck is gonna say...

"Man, BRob looks like a child out there, doesn't he? What's he weigh, about a buck 20?"

"Nolan. This kid has all the talent in the world, but if he makes it to warm weather healthy, I'll buy you a boat!"

"I really like our team, but GD Duke, you said you were gonna give me a MOO hitter. Where the **** is my MOO hitter?"

Archived