vs. RAYS, 4/02 (Opening Day)

OFFNY

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're talking about the Reggie Jackson trade from April of 1976 !!! :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

Palmer was wrong when he just said that Reggie hit 29 home runs that season, though.

Reggie hit 27.

Craig Nettles led the league with 29.

Too bad Palmer didn't mention him as his being his co-star in The Naked Gun.

Yeah. Two stadium trends from baseball I am glad are declining- The Dome and baseball/football stadiums. We are spoiled with OPACY though. That is true. I like our stadium so much more than the Nats' one.

Oakland is it for combo I believe. I think there are only two turf field left, Tampa and Toronto.

I love Camden Yards but AT&T is up there with it. That place was amazing when I went.

Yeah I was in San Francisco last summer. Also really enjoyed PNC when I was in Pittsburgh. Saw the Marlins new one when I was in Miami last week. Not up there with those three but I thought it looked neat and unique.

I love Camden Yards but AT&T is up there with it. That place was amazing when I went.

Not a bad seat in the house. I get there more than Camden(closer). Really a great park on the bay, but the warehouse is pretty neat too although not sure why.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• At this point I wouldn't mind if he had to start a playoff game. Though it'd be a nice luxury if he could be a bullpen weapon.
    • I don't think the bullpen was that bad at the beginning of the year. It's been decimated by injuries. Coulombe was our most trusted guy and nobody else could really handle the situations he was asked to pitch in. Webb has arguably overperformed expectations, and now he's out. If one of Bradish, Wells or Means stayed healthy, that could have meant Suarez ends up in the pen. In an optimistic world where two of them remained healthy then that makes the workload easier to handle too. So I don't blame Elias too much, though I wish we'd taken a flyer on Jorge Lopez. The bottom of the pen is just seeing which arms have the hot hand and every additional arm helps there.
    • https://www.mlb.com/video/james-mccann-talks-his-career-adley-rutschman   https://www.mlb.com/video/james-mccann-plays-hardball-on-mlb-central   Here they are. Went right to MLBN website. 
    • I’m hoping to find the full one later. I think their YouTube channel may have it but not 100% sure. May be couple of days until it posts. 
    • That’s an excellent interview.  Thanks for posting it.  Too bad they cut it off.  
    • Like I said in my post, I don’t think most people disagree that our bullpen is pretty bad, especially right now.  I just didn’t think the data presented in the OP really proved that.   Here’s our bullpen ERA by month: March/April: 3.81 May: 3.65 June: 3.23 July: 4.83 August: 6.35 It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that our bullpen has really struggled these last two months.  You just have to hope that a couple of guys can get things turned around and that Webb and Coulombe will return and be effective. When you really look at who has been horrible  since July 1: - Kimbrel has totally imploded, 7.24 ERA - Soto has been awful since we got him, 15.43 ERA - Irvin was terrible, 9.00 ERA, and got demoted    - Bryan Baker, 5.73 ERA, has been his usual unreliable self - Dillon Tate had three straight bad outings at the beginning of July (13.50 ERA).    Other guys like Akin (4.19) and Perez (4.11) haven’t pitched their best, but they’ve been within the normal ups and downs of a season.  Smith (4.11) has been about as good as could be expected.      
    • I do feel kind of bad for UP-DOWN pitchers that might need 5 seasons to make it to Arb. But it will be good for the 2028 Orioles if he's at last ready for an all year job and still at minimum wage because we have some guys to pay that season.
  • Popular Contributors